$100 Kindle Fires and why Android IS the tablet market

patfactorx

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying that iPads, Win8 slates or even WebOS tablets will go away. I AM saying that within 2 years Android will have 80% of the tablet market just because of PRICE. Kindle Fires are already selling in the low $100s when you buy them used and when Intel starts churning out massive amounts of tablets you are easily going to find sub $100 tablets that are GOOD.

If you have ever worked in education, a small business or a non-profit then you know that cost is usually the biggest factor when you are considering new tech.

I know a lot of the exhibitors at CES are going to unveil some high end flagship products and people are going to whine but just remember that flagship products become REALLY cheap 4 months after their release. The Kindle Fire and Touchpad have already proven that people are willing to buy ANY tablet if it gets cheap enough. Android is always going to have the advantage on price.

We went from this being the low end (late 2010)

maylongm1501_medium.jpg

to this (late 2011)

kindle-fire-2_medium.jpg

In 6 months we are going to see a complete upheaval in how much most people are going to be willing to pay for tablets.

mikeisnowonfire

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
All companies that make tablets will have to reconsider price here soon enough (Apple included) if these prices keep going down. Coincidentally, has anyone noticed smartphone prices going up by comparison? Hmm, methinks that I smell smoke...