Moblile World Conference to store time?

seeker1321

Oct 4, 2010
Visit site
I just had a quick question, I know that the answer can vary a lot by manufacturer, and by cell company. On average how long do phones that are demoed at Mobile World Conference take to arrive in the stores?
Are we talking summer, fall, or holiday? I am up for an upgrade now, and was going to get the Droid rzr maxx, because I know Verizon takes their sweet time getting new phones out for purchase. In the past it has taken them what seems like forever to release phones seen at MWC. I have another upgrade I can use around the holidays so I'm not too worried, just wanted to get an general consciences.

duke1231

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Based on what I saw last year, most phones are released in Europe first, because they don't have over bearing carriers like here in the united states. It usually starts being released in the untied states in the fall. Again though its based on carriers. imho.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Don't expect U.S. announcements from Mobile World Congress. (Not saying it won't happen, but it probably won't happen.)

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
There is absolutely no way to answer that question, typically it's going to be at least one quarter so late spring early summer. But as you said that can and will varry by carrier.

However I think this year might be a bit different, I think we are going to see HTC and LG phones announced and available within a month or so. That's just my prediction of course, these phone's seem like they are already ready to go now so the turn around time to get onto the market should be much shorter.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Really depends on the manufacturer. Very low chance that you'll get anything resembling a solid release date. Its also a rest-of-world (non US) focused show, so you really can't expect anything for availability on US carriers.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma