Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By T-Padlock
  • 1 Post By dwaynewilliams#WN
  • 1 Post By 05GT
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default got a good look at the galaxy note

The phone is massive. I enjoy my 4.52 inch screen on my e4gt. As a matter of fact I would not want to go much bigger, maybe 4.75 or so maxxxx. the galaxy note is really cool but still a little to big. ATT has all the best smartphones. The skyrocket is sick, it looks better than my e4gt and has dual core 1.5 processor. I guess sprint is the bargain cell provider. They have some nice stuff but from what I see ATT has sprint outclassed. All that being said, I am loving my epic 4g touch. This thing can handle anything I throw at it. if the note is to big, imagine what that 4:3 ratio LG monstrosity looks like..... No thanks.

Default Re: got a good look at the galaxy note

im all about screen size but im broke and i hate small screens sand my optimus v phone hurts my eyes and kills usb cords if anyone wants to add me to there plan i will western union them money every month

PM me
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I agree. My ssg2 e4gt has plenty of screen but I thought I might want the note. I am not so sure now, it is really wide. I felt a little silly holding it up to my face for a call.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I have one, it's great for me, not too big to fit in my pocket
    quikric likes this.

To me the note is the type of product that I would categorize as one of those "because we can". Nothing practical that will have a lasting market presence.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock Xoom, Nexus 4 AOKP

Its a niche phone. Come June no one will be talking about except the ones that own it. Not to put it down but to me its the Droid 3, don't hear much about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I think phones like the Note will be a trend. I see devices getting bigger with the added functionality of the pen to write on the screen. I haven't held it in my hands yet, but I bet it is gorgeous.
    quikric likes this.

Global Posts
    187 Global Posts

The Note has spoiled me. I tried going back to my Nexus and the screen is too small lol.

- 13.3 Retina MacBook Pro
    - AT&T LG G2 | AT&T LG Optimus G Pro
    - AT&T Samsung GS4 | AT&T Galaxy Note 3 | Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 | Samsung Galaxy Gear
    - AT&T Nokia 1520
    - T-Mobile Xperia Z1s
    - LG G Pad 8.3 GPe
    - 16GB Google Nexus 5 | 32GB Google Nexus 7 2013
    - 32GB iPad Air | 16GB iPad Mini Retina
    quikric likes this.

I played with the note at CES. It was especially great for drawing. But it seems too big for a phone.
    I had to replace my Evo 4G this week and chose the samsung Epic 4G Touch. E4GT D710.
    This is, to my mind, the better size. I love a big screen, but I also love discreet. I draw on it, as I did on the evo. It is not a book, it is a phone.
    JEM

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I remember when the Evo was released and there were mixed feelings about the screen size -- some were thrilled about the size and others were on the fence. The same issue came up with the Epic4GTouch and now the Note. I wasn't sure about the screen sizes of all devices prior to their release. But since owning the e4gt since December the screen size has since grown on me and I feel the same could happen if I purchased the Note.

It will be interesting to see what the future norm will be in terms of screen sizes.
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by srkmagnus View Post
    But since owning the e4gt since December the screen size has since grown on me and I feel the same could happen if I purchased the Note.
    This is a lesson I learned before I bought my X2. Always buy more than you are comfortable with or need. Because once you get used to it, you'll want more. I mean, obviously there is a ceiling with phones, at some point it's a tablet, or, it's too big to hold up to your face. But, I have a 50 inch plasma, and, I wish I had opted for a 60 inch now... or more. I have a 4.3 inch screen, and, wish I had more. Unfortunately at the time there was nothing bigger.

Long story short, if it seems a like the phone is too big, it very well could grow on you and you'll get used to it over time. It wont seem as big as it was when you first got it.

On a side note, as I was writing this, after basically every sentence I thought to myself, "that's what she said."

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I think phones like the Note will be a trend. I see devices getting bigger with the added functionality of the pen to write on the screen. I haven't held it in my hands yet, but I bet it is gorgeous.
    I agree on a screen size trend but I don't think it will last if we see larger form factors on future phones w/ 5" screens like the Note. I own a Rezound & I've held a Note demo unit. I wouldn't want a phone w/ a form factor larger than the Note.(Vu looks to boxy to be comfy in hand). I love the Note and I'd ditch my Rez & pay full retail in a heartbeat if Verizon carried a Sammie Note variant.

+1 for Sprint to carry sammy note!

From my EVO4G

ROM
    nah..

I thought the Note was going to be too large also, until I had hands on one. it fits me perfect! The only time it feels a little large is when Im holding it up to my head. If that gets to be a "real" issue I can always go bluetooth.

I know that I am in the minority here, but when it comes to phone size, I think the iPhone is the perfect size. But that is hard to say because the big screens on Android devices are so appealing. Especially the Samsung devices. The Super AMOLED plus screens are the most beautiful and to have a 5 inch + screen is awesome for multimedia content. But yet, for a phone I think it is too big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

I'd never even consider buying an iPhone or iPad because they are too small. My X2 is too small. At some point phones will be too big because then they are tablets, but, until then, I am glad that the manufacturers are continuing to push the boundaries. The market will balance out what is too big. If 3.5 was big enough, we wouldn't be seeing so many phones over 4.0 inches.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    I'd never even consider buying an iPhone or iPad because they are too small. My X2 is too small. At some point phones will be too big because then they are tablets, but, until then, I am glad that the manufacturers are continuing to push the boundaries. The market will balance out what is too big. If 3.5 was big enough, we wouldn't be seeing so many phones over 4.0 inches.
    An iPad is too small?

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō

Global Posts
    4,376 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/Stock/CM9

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    An iPad is too small?

Yes, those extra 0.4 inches make all the difference to me when using my Prime. I'd honestly like my Prime to be a couple of inches larger. However, you neglected to view the meat of my response.

Quote Originally Posted by Devinator View Post
    Yes, those extra 0.4 inches make all the difference to me when using my Prime. I'd honestly like my Prime to be a couple of inches larger. However, you neglected to view the meat of my response.
    I read your entire response, just chose to comment on part of it.