Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1057 of 2071 FirstFirst ... 1054105510561057105810591060 ... LastLast
Results 26,401 to 26,425 of 51759
Like Tree112302Likes
  1. #26401  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,776 Global Posts
    Carrier
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356745655431.jpg
  2. #26402  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,830 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356746337492.jpg  
    mrro82 and Johnly like this.
  3. #26403  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Hey boys and girls.... kinda stuck, hoping someone's around (and sober enough) for some tech support

    Here's what I know. GSM Galaxy Nexus. Was running a 4.2.1 AOKP variant (by Roman). Noticed the last couple days that the phone would indicate it was charging even when it wasn't, and sometimes with USB cable plugged in, it WOULDN'T charge, even when it should be (verified with 2 different cables, plugged into fully powered up computer, and also the stock wall charger). Most times when the phone was connected to the computer, it MIGHT charge, but the computer wouldn't recognize it as a USB device

    I noticed the nub inside the USB port on the phone looked bent down to far so I gently bent it upward a bit. That seemed to resolve the communication issue between the computer and the phone (and I assume the "phone thinks its charging" issues as well)

    So tonight I tried to flash back to stock using Galaxy Nexus Toolkit and also Wuggs Toolkit (using stock factory images). I tried 4.2.1, and also 4.0.4 All resulted in the same: Toolkit finishes up, and phone starts booting, but it hangs on the boot animation. I left each one to boot up for over 10 minutes, and no dice.

    So, anyone out there have some ideas? I haven't tried doing anything via ADB/Command prompt - simply because I've never attempted ADB commands before.

    Help?
  4. #26404  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,830 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    Hey boys and girls.... kinda stuck, hoping someone's around (and sober enough) for some tech support

    Here's what I know. GSM Galaxy Nexus. Was running a 4.2.1 AOKP variant (by Roman). Noticed the last couple days that the phone would indicate it was charging even when it wasn't, and sometimes with USB cable plugged in, it WOULDN'T charge, even when it should be (verified with 2 different cables, plugged into fully powered up computer, and also the stock wall charger). Most times when the phone was connected to the computer, it MIGHT charge, but the computer wouldn't recognize it as a USB device

    I noticed the nub inside the USB port on the phone looked bent down to far so I gently bent it upward a bit. That seemed to resolve the communication issue between the computer and the phone (and I assume the "phone thinks its charging" issues as well)

    So tonight I tried to flash back to stock using Galaxy Nexus Toolkit and also Wuggs Toolkit (using stock factory images). I tried 4.2.1, and also 4.0.4 All resulted in the same: Toolkit finishes up, and phone starts booting, but it hangs on the boot animation. I left each one to boot up for over 10 minutes, and no dice.

    So, anyone out there have some ideas? I haven't tried doing anything via ADB/Command prompt - simply because I've never attempted ADB commands before.

    Help?
    Might be time to just try it the command line way if the toolkit is failing. It isn't difficult at all, and the guide we have should walk you through it without issue. I never recommend toolkits or 1-clicks to get things done on a Nexus.. fastboot commands are simple to enter and generally much more reliable.
  5. #26405  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356745655431.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	54768
    You're a stronger man than I. I had to stop drinking whiskey years ago. Got me agitated super fast. I'd go from 0 to 120 in a heartbeat. Almost did some bad stuff years ago. Hence the rum nowadays.
  6. #26406  
    NotJustAPhone's Avatar

    Posts
    11,472 Posts
    Global Posts
    11,776 Global Posts
    Carrier
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mrro82 View Post
    You're a stronger man than I. I had to stop drinking whiskey years ago. Got me agitated super fast. I'd go from 0 to 120 in a heartbeat. Almost did some bad stuff years ago. Hence the rum nowadays.
    Drinking a rye whiskey. I'm staying away from the white whiskey.
    mrro82 and 2defmouze like this.
  7. #26407  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,116 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    I wish i could flash a kernel in touch recovery. This comman line stuff is annoying. Sometimes

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    2defmouze likes this.
  8. #26408  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    @dancing
    I hope you didn't flash a toro/toroplus file while in the toolkit. Do what 2d recommend. The sticky in this forum should work fine, except you need the yakju/takju img files and adjust your commands accordingly. I'm sure you could find them with Google.
    Only difference between the two files is yakju has wallet included.

    Sent from my mako ()
    2defmouze likes this.
  9. #26409  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    @dancing
    I hope you didn't flash a toro/toroplus file while in the toolkit. Do what 2d recommend. The sticky in this forum should work fine, except you need the yakju/takju img files and adjust your commands accordingly. I'm sure you could find them with Google.
    Only difference between the two files is yakju has wallet included.
    no I always make sure I get maguro files.

    And for whatever reason I'm an ***** when it comes to ADB. either it's not installed properly, or my phone is more borked then I thought. Either way the only way my computer will talk to my phone is with one of those toolkits.
  10. #26410  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,830 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Dammit.. Just had a flaming shot of something I should have snapped a pic for Chatter. I guess that's good enough reason to get another tho..

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  11. #26411  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Dinner. Freakin microwave crap. Better than nothing......barely.

    [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356753864734.jpg

    Sent from my mako ()
    NotJustAPhone likes this.
  12. #26412  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Good news: I got it to finally boot (after many attempts at different ways of getting SOME factory image on there) into 4.0.4. Waiting for the update to 4.2.1, and then I think I'll go to bed.

    Tomorrow's plan... drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, and set up my phone (install apps, put my music on, set everything up again, etc...)
  13. #26413  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Dinner. Freakin microwave crap. Better than nothing......barely.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356753864734.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	54793

    Sent from my mako ()
    Got a strong gut I hope.

    Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.
  14. #26414  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,830 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Oh ok it was flaming sambuca haha.. Delicious. Been around 8 years since I've had sambuca and this was by far my fav
    Took two shots to make up for the first :thumbup: :beer:


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356754598244.jpg   [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356754608106.jpg  
  15. #26415  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,830 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by dancing-bass View Post
    Good news: I got it to finally boot (after many attempts at different ways of getting SOME factory image on there) into 4.0.4. Waiting for the update to 4.2.1, and then I think I'll go to bed.

    Tomorrow's plan... drink coffee, smoke cigarettes, and set up my phone (install apps, put my music on, set everything up again, etc...)
    Out of curiosity please elaborate.. How'd you get booted?
    And I've got the factory restore process down to a science here. Drunk guesstimate is in ~30 mins I can take a Nexus and get everything I need off it, do a factory image restore, and return everything plus reinstall all the needed apps and data. Vast majority of the time is just waiting for things to transfer over usb

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  16. #26416  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mrro82 View Post
    Got a strong gut I hope.

    Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.
    Nah, I got a good supply of mylanta and alka seltzer laying around.

    Sent from my mako ()
  17. #26417  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by davey11 View Post
    Dinner. Freakin microwave crap. Better than nothing......barely.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1356753864734.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	54793

    Sent from my mako ()
    Better get a belly rub...

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    davey11, Johnly, mrro82 and 1 others like this.
  18. #26418  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,994 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by 2defmouze View Post
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Just finished with work. Cheers.


    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356756001690.jpg  
  19. #26419  

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Am I the only one here who isn't drunk yet?

    Chocolate milk FTW! :rolleyes:
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  20. #26420  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,994 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Lumenii View Post
    It seems the Amicitia build I put up is having issues for some people. I've tested on Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4, and RAZR. Let me know how it performs when ya test it.

    Night all.
    Just opened Amicitia on the note 2. Nice clean look btw.
  21. #26421  
    Irvgotti's Avatar

    Posts
    1,116 Posts
    Carrier
    Stock Sense 4.1.1

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356757522669.jpg  
  22. #26422  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,948 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,994 Global Posts
    Carrier
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Am I the only one here who isn't drunk yet?

    Chocolate milk FTW! :rolleyes:
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    That means you must be listening to rap? Any suggestions?
  23. #26423  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,830 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnly View Post
    Just finished with work. Cheers.


    Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
    Cheers buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Am I the only one here who isn't drunk yet?

    Chocolate milk FTW! :rolleyes:
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yes. Shame on you. Lucky NJAP isn't here to see that.

    Lol :beer:


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."-uploadfromtaptalk1356758085571.jpg  
  24. #26424  
    mrro82's Avatar
    Mr. Ro.

    Posts
    1,951 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,238 Global Posts
    Carrier
    TouchWizJB leak

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Downtown Taco View Post
    Am I the only one here who isn't drunk yet?

    Chocolate milk FTW! :rolleyes:
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Yep!

    Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.
  25. #26425  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,830 Posts
    Carrier
    AOKP

    Default Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Irvgotti View Post
    Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
    I love Jack.. Ever had the green labeled? It's kind of hard to track down.. Very smooth and delicious though. We had an infamous Chatter hangout some months ago where I got poopfaced off it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions