[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I know that the best cameras are probably gonna cost you over 500 bucks.

You don't need anything near the 'best cameras' in order to take basic timelapse photography, but you are right in that all of the 'prosumer'-grade or higher DSLRs alone will run substantially higher than $500.

Kygator, feel free to PM me and we can start to piece together a setup for you. At the very least you can take some great standard stills and long-exposure shots.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
You don't need anything near the 'best cameras' in order to take basic timelapse photography, but you are right in that all of the 'prosumer'-grade or higher DSLRs alone will run substantially higher than $500.

Kygator, feel free to PM me and we can start to piece together a setup for you. At the very least you can take some great standard stills and long-exposure shots.
Yeah, that's basically the direction I'm coming from. I probably should have said any DSLR instead of just "best cameras." I have an entry-level DSLR which the body and kit lens cost between 500-600 bucks and it was on sale 100 bucks off. I don't know anything about time lapse photography though so I'm completely unknowing to what level of equipment would be needed.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, that's basically the direction I'm coming from. I probably should have said any DSLR instead of just "best cameras." I have an entry-level DSLR which the body and kit lens cost between 500-600 bucks and it was on sale 100 bucks off. I don't know anything about time lapse photography though so I'm completely unknowing to what level of equipment would be needed.

Your equipment is more than capable of producing good timelapse sequences.

Anyways, I just spent about a minute watching this:

gHA17J9.gif

I want one.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
If that's all it takes then it might be a fun little experiment to try out while I'm taking pics for my Facebook page.

Also, WTF? That was 1 trippy chair. @_@

There's more you'll need to know about the process and one additional piece of equipment. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to discuss any of it. :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Happy Thursday Chatter :)
Much calmer day weather wise here.I lost power last night but that was all,found a few tree limbs broke in yard .
Spring like weather is gone again for awhile .

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Happy Thursday Chatter :)
Much calmer day weather wise here.I lost power last night but that was all,found a few tree limbs broke in yard .
Spring like weather is gone again for awhile .

Happy Thursday indeed. One day closer to the weekend. We had a quick line of nastiness here in Charleston. Didn't lose power and now it's windy and 50?. Big fan of that.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Lts get to Friday in style! Time to do work. That push button heated seat is nice in this cold weather. Brrrrr. Got a third row for the fam:)
esupyryv.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Good morning! Finished the paper last night.. Just gotta crush these last 2 finals today and it's beer town tonight! :beer: :thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie