[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus CRACKFLASHERS | SECRET LAIR ;-)

I am from the Pacific Northwest...Washington State to be exact. :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I lives in Bellingham for about 8 months ten years ago. Really nice place.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Guess who has a 2 hour interview Tuesday morning?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

lol not necessary, it's in person and hopefully the final step in getting employment before I graduate from my graduate program. I've had enough schooling.

My Rearth White Slim case should be here in time too, just in case the Nexus must be whipped out. Thankfully I have a fancy English Wool sleeve for such an occasion!

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh, good deal. I thought it was a two hour phone interview.

Phone interviews suck anyway... I like them to see exactly what they are a getting into when considering me for employment :what:

*customized tapatalk signature*

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Oh, good deal. I thought it was a two hour phone interview.

Phone interviews suck anyway... I like them to see exactly what they are a getting into when considering me for employment :what:

lol I hear. With this place I've done 2 phone interviews, submitted 3 writing samples (one directed), and have essentially been in contact with them for months.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I had one of those epic long interviews with Gore a while back. 6 interviews total, it was going really well until they discovered who referred me. That guy was fired for conspiracy... something about trade secrets.

Needless to say, that was my final interview.

Chuck, you bastard.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I had one of those epic long interviews with Gore a while back. 6 interviews total, it was going really well until they discovered who referred me. That guy was fired for conspiracy... something about trade secrets.

Needless to say, that was my final interview.

Chuck, you bastard.

lol! I lucked into this. Not an attorney position per se, but I'd be writing weekly/daily for the major Tax journal, which has subscriptions from pretty much every tax lawyer/firm/business in world. It's massive and for a non-profit the pay/benefits are SICK.

I got lucky b/c the guy I had my second interview with, well he had the same class/profs/fact pattern as I had the night before. So for 10 minutes we're talking about how ridiculous this SILO transaction was lol

Reactions: oxymoron

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site

My Rearth White Slim case should be here in time too, just in case the Nexus must be whipped out. Thankfully I have a fancy English Wool sleeve for such an occasion!

Ordered a matte black rearth slim yesterday, hoping to see it by saturday since it shipped yesterday as well. Really hoping this case lives up to the hype everyone seems to give it. Every review was positive that i could find. I was going to go white, but decided against it at the last minute. Really looking forward to some more grip on this phone!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Ordered a matte black rearth slim yesterday, hoping to see it by saturday since it shipped yesterday as well. Really hoping this case lives up to the hype everyone seems to give it. Every review was positive that i could find. I was going to go white, but decided against it at the last minute. Really looking forward to some more grip on this phone!

Yeah i was between that and the black, but chose the white b/c the entire point of me looking was trying to find a white case lol. I chose expedited shipping, but where it is now I have no idea. Left Louisiana ~3 days ago. Hoping it gets here by Saturday at the latest!

EDIT - out for delivery! Hopefully its small enough to fit in my mailbox thing at the apartment complex lol

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

pics pls when you guys get them. I am waiting for a discount on that shell, i already bought a tpu case but this slim one looks rad.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

pics pls when you guys get them. I am waiting for a discount on that shell, i already bought a tpu case but this slim one looks rad.

Absolutely. I'm excited, this will hopefully satiate my lust for the One X (the softkeys are helping too ;)).

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I fking hate Tapatalk. Never properly just opens a thread to the first unread post like it's supposed to. Like 1 out of 7 times maybe. How the hell did they get away with changing the UI so little, and fixing NONE of the bugs, yet call this crap 2.0 an upgrade? Load of crap.

/rant lol

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I fking hate Tapatalk. Never properly just opens a thread to the first unread post like it's supposed to. Like 1 out of 7 times maybe. How the hell did they get away with changing the UI so little, and fixing NONE of the bugs, yet call this crap 2.0 an upgrade? Load of crap.

/rant lol

I agree. I went at it with a user last night in my Oversimplification thread, and half of my responses were to old or weirdly formatted posts. Felt bad, but eh, it was 3am lol

That and I got around to properly answering today.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
lol! I lucked into this. Not an attorney position per se, but I'd be writing weekly/daily for the major Tax journal, which has subscriptions from pretty much every tax lawyer/firm/business in world. It's massive and for a non-profit the pay/benefits are SICK.

I got lucky b/c the guy I had my second interview with, well he had the same class/profs/fact pattern as I had the night before. So for 10 minutes we're talking about how ridiculous this SILO transaction was lol

That's awesome, good luck dude! :thumbup:

Reactions: dmmarck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress