[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

^ ^^ ^^^ hahahaha.

I demur.

------ honestly tho, i gave axcross 2 days on V2 - not gonna lie there were issues.
But it looks promising.
And i am a diehard, flash nothing but AOKP roms kind of guy since ... 4 days after i rooted this joint.

Just looked over the aokp changelog -- looks somewhat substantial, and for those who dont want to reflash daily ... that's gotta be the way to go (except you guys who are CNA followers ... i havnet tried it ever so i cant say one way or another whether it's any better or worse than aokp .... but CNA users are LOYAL!

so .. i'll prolly try both, maybe snag boot manager and keep them both on call ... never needed it before bc id just nand and flash but .... its calling my name right now.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Boot Manager works well on the Galaxy Nexus. I got it back in my Tbolt days but the slow SD card made it impractical for me. Not as issue on the Galaxy Nexus.

Sent using Tapatalk

Reactions: zero neck

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

^ ^^ ^^^ hahahaha.

I demur.

------ honestly tho, i gave axcross 2 days on V2 - not gonna lie there were issues.
But it looks promising.
And i am a diehard, flash nothing but AOKP roms kind of guy since ... 4 days after i rooted this joint.

Just looked over the aokp changelog -- looks somewhat substantial, and for those who dont want to reflash daily ... that's gotta be the way to go (except you guys who are CNA followers ... i havnet tried it ever so i cant say one way or another whether it's any better or worse than aokp .... but CNA users are LOYAL!

so .. i'll prolly try both, maybe snag boot manager and keep them both on call ... never needed it before bc id just nand and flash but .... its calling my name right now.

V2 is so yesterday...we be on V5 and did you look at that changelog?
Main one being : "BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP"
Other good one is: "Various Clean, Fixing, Etc (bit#h is Tight now)"

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

V2 is so yesterday...we be on V5 and did you look at that changelog?
Main one being : "BUILT FROM THE GROUND UP"
Other good one is: "Various Clean, Fixing, Etc (bit#h is Tight now)"

Did anyone read their phone when it was flashing? "Outty"

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

What's the most you ever flashed in one day on the Nexus? Same question, any other phone?

In one day the most I flashed has just been 2 on the GN ,but downloaded 3.
I just didnt have time to flash the 3rd and now its updated so I need to get the newest version before I flash it haha.

The 2 I flashed was AOKP M4 and ICSourcery v1.0. Crossbreed V3was the one downloaded but now since its updated to V4 will have to redownload that version .Edit I mean I need to download V5

In the HTC incredible usually just flashed one a day ,thats when CM7 nightlies where being released everynight .When I had time I tried other Roms in between but always kept CM7 as my main Rom.

On the DX I flashed the least once I found a Rom that worked good I stuck with it awhile so I'd say once a month on the DX.But sometimes it took a few Rom flashes to find a Rom that worked real good .The DX however is currently in my sock drawer so its been retired

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone read their phone when it was flashing? "Outty"

Haha DT is the only dev I know who makes his install script part of the fun..
"Let's get this mounted"
:)

Lol one of his ones on the bionic went something like
"Are you SURE you trust me to do this?

Ok...

Here we go..

Bricking phone
Just kidding
.... "

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Haha DT is the only dev I know who makes his install script part of the fun..
"Let's get this mounted"
:)

Lol one of his ones on the bionic went something like
"Are you SURE you trust me to do this?

Ok...

Here we go..

Bricking phone
Just kidding
.... "

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I must have missed that but do remember reading some from the past, I'm sure when v6 drops I'll have a second chance to read it.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

2def - are you sure you're not going to make a Crossbreed topic? Peeps here need to know what's up.

Let me know; I can make it, but I can't guarantee up to the second updates with "running" 2 ROM threads.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

2def - are you sure you're not going to make a Crossbreed topic? Peeps here need to know what's up.

Let me know; I can make it, but I can't guarantee up to the second updates with "running" 2 ROM threads.

Someone please make one... I don't have the time to manage it myself right now but could help out if anyone else plans on creating one.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Someone please make one... I don't have the time to manage it myself right now but could help out if anyone else plans on creating one.

I'll do it once I get back from doing a delivery.

Edit: it is finished. Will add more upon return. Feel free to make suggestions/change stuff. I was unsure about copying from RW, so i just linked to stuff.

2def - if this gets me in trouble with DT, I blame you.

Last edited:

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I thought we were using this thread as the official crossbreed thread. hahaah

Seems this thing is shaking up the whole gn custom rom scene. That thread on wiki is wild...plus I really believe its the top rom right now.

Plus that DT guy has some style.

So posting crossbreed stuff in here a no no from now on? LOL

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I thought we were using this thread as the official crossbreed thread. hahaah

Seems this thing is shaking up the whole gn custom rom scene. That thread on wiki is wild...plus I really believe its the top rom right now.

Plus that DT guy has some style.

So posting crossbreed stuff in here a no no from now on? LOL

Nah, post in both! I think the DT thread here should be just that rom, plus a place to get it, troubleshoot, etc. We can certainly talk about anything root in here, and that includes the awesomeness that is Crossbreed.

And as a loyal CM follower, I completely agree with you.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Took a 10 hour nap since I only got an hour sleep last night.... miss much? Lol..

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I downloaded V6, yet it's not showing up in my phone's downloads folder? Do i have to use a desktop and drag & drop it or am i missing something?

You downloaded it from here on your phone directly? I usually just download on my Mac, drag it over, and go from there.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Yes lol

Did you flash V6 yet?

Haha dude I didn't even flash V5 yet :-X

Lol it dropped as I was going out last night, since it was a rebuild I wanted to do a full wipe not a cheapy.. so no time to do it. Today had to work from 6am to 2pm then got home and passed out... now V6 is out and everyone I know is banging at the door to get me to come out already so I can't even flash that yet... haha hopefully tomorrow :(