[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never been called and woken up by work. That tends to happen more to the manufacturing side (I'm more like R&D). I have, however, had to go in to work every four hours for a whole weekend. That kinda sucked.

NJAP shows up late. Hope that sleep was enjoyable. Tomorrow is a no-alarm morning for me...

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've never been called and woken up by work. That tends to happen more to the manufacturing side (I'm more like R&D). I have, however, had to go in to work every four hours for a whole weekend. That kinda sucked.

We have to be woken up. Most court users are normal business hours, so, it doesn't happen all the time, but, some users are 24 hours, like, state police. And, we run a lot of maintenance programs off ours, to not bog down the mainframe or interfere with court users. If anything goes wrong with that stuff at 3:00 AM, I could get called, lol. Thankfully I'm only first inline to be called once every seven weeks.

That sucks, especially since I don't think you live all that close to work. What do you do anyway?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
We have to be woken up. Most court users are normal business hours, so, it doesn't happen all the time, but, some users are 24 hours, like, state police. And, we run a lot of maintenance programs off ours, to not bog down the mainframe or interfere with court users. If anything goes wrong with that stuff at 3:00 AM, I could get called, lol. Thankfully I'm only first inline to be called once every seven weeks.

That sucks, especially since I don't think you live all that close to work. What do you do anyway?

What do you do?

Got the gas account number using my lawyer ninjitsu. Gotta go get a UHaul as soon as my fiancee decides to wake from her slumber. Going to be a chaotic hour or so.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

At that time I was living about 4 miles away. Either way, I don't sleep well in 3-hour bursts...

And I'm a development/new process engineer as well as the QA supervisor. Beyond that, it's a really long explanation that I'm way too lazy to type lol.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
What do you do?

Got the gas account number using my lawyer ninjitsu. Gotta go get a UHaul as soon as my fiancee decides to wake from her slumber. Going to be a chaotic hour or so.

Don't forget to play The Jeffersons theme as you're driving to your new place. :)

Sent from my SGSIII

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
What do you do?

Ima Database Admin. Design databases, write programs for web services to access/manipulate data, data integrity. Job scope is much wider than that, but, that's the gist of it. Also get called while I'm effin asleep, apparently, lol.

At that time I was living about 4 miles away. Either way, I don't sleep well in 3-hour bursts...

And I'm a development/new process engineer as well as the QA supervisor. Beyond that, it's a really long explanation that I'm way too lazy to type lol.

That's cool. I always wanted to be in QA. I think I'd excel in that area. I just kinda fell into Database, never saw that one coming.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
That's cool. I always wanted to be in QA. I think I'd excel in that area. I just kinda fell into Database, never saw that one coming.

You know, if I could go back in time and have a do-over I'd probably go into computer science/coding. I enjoy playing with it in my free time, so it would probably make for a sweet job. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy what I do, I just think that would've been a slightly better option.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
i always get excited about upcoming Halo games, then seem to be a bit disappointed when i play them. (aka reach) but i have it preordered

Very much looking forward to Black Ops 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress