[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Alright chatter gun nuts... .40 s&w or .45ACP? Going shopping tonight.

GO!

Sent from somewhere

45, oddly enough, is easier to control. Think of 45's recoil as a big PUSH. 40 has a nasty SNAP. Easily managed recoil, back on target quicker, ftw.

PS, shoot several, the most importante thing is how the gun fits your hand. Several now have interchangeable backstraps, and people tell me they prefer the small, at least in the S&W M&P series.

You may also consider the 9. I know it gets dumped on, but the real world performance between 9 and 45, with modern hollowpoint self defense loads, is negligible. And you carry more per magazine. And less recoil. Think about it.

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen the new Springfield Armory XDs 45? If you want a carry piece, it's a small, slim 45, six in the mag. Great for concealing some serious punch.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Was told were going to have a hellish November, December, and January. Buckle up chatter lol

Dropped by Felix from 24 Miles above the Earth

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Have you seen the new Springfield Armory XDs 45? If you want a carry piece, it's a small, slim 45, six in the mag. Great for concealing some serious punch.

I love the XD, but need a traditional safety when I am not carrying. Even though it will be in a lock box. Damn kids...

Sent from somewhere

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay goes to show how out of the loop I get at times...

What is the solution to typing on JB with Dolphin or Stock browsers using Swype? Seems like whenever I go to make a post like here in the chatter for example it still has no auto spacing between words and after the first line and starting a second line of typing its trying to place the cursor over the first line.. All screwed up.. I know this was something that started with JB and/or Swype..

I've tried Swift Key and its okay but its just not me, stock KB also sucks I hate pecking around for letters.. Bottom line whenever I gotta do something away from using Tapatalk on the forums I power up the laptop because of this issue...

Help guys!

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Alright chatter gun nuts... .40 s&w or .45ACP? Going shopping tonight.

GO!

Sent from somewhere

I have a .45 Springfield 1911 model . Since that I guess I am bias towards the .45 pretty much no recoil, I can rapid fire and still keep a pretty good pattern because of that.
I have a (1)12 round clip in addition the(2) standard clips.I reload most my own rounds :)
Its probably my favorite pistol for control. Its fun shooting my .44 Mag but its got a little recoil to it.But a big bang :D

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay goes to show how out of the loop I get at times...

What is the solution to typing on JB with Dolphin or Stock browsers using Swype? Seems like whenever I go to make a post like here in the chatter for example it still has no auto spacing between words and after the first line and starting a second line of typing its trying to place the cursor over the first line.. All screwed up.. I know this was something that started with JB and/or Swype..

I've tried Swift Key and its okay but its just not me, stock KB also sucks I hate pecking around for letters.. Bottom line whenever I gotta do something away from using Tapatalk on the forums I power up the laptop because of this issue...

Help guys!

I get the no auto spacing when using swype and the stock browser.I never have fiqured out how to correct that.
I dont have issues with the cursor and messing up the other words.
But the no spacing between words is annoying. I have no ideal how to correct that tho ,lol

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup no one chattting now = everyone will be chatting at the sametime later about different stuff ,. lol :D
Football game tonight too.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, at least everyone is busy which means Monday is probably going fast for us all. That's good. :D

Not really super fast .The faster thing about today was me driving the truck on the highway delivering some parts to get heat treated.
But it's all good cuz in 30 minutes I'm done with my Monday workday :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech