[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Video didn't work. Said unavailable.

After grocery shopping i decided to go through a drive through, lol. Taco Bell's line was forever, so I'm waiting at Wendys instead.

Also it meant you didn't have to put your pants on, you don't have to be coy with us Chris, lol.

Looks like projected landfall has moved north a bit more.

View attachment 43506

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

C'mon, keep going!! North!! North!! North!! Lol.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe a dumb question but here goes. My Gnex is my first Android (rooted and rom'd of course) all the roms I've tried have the option to kill the camera sound. Wouldn't that be a better option then stock+rooted and changing the sound via command like this?

Sent from my rotary phone

It's a handy technique to know since not all ROMs have the option to mute camera sounds. And as you noted, the technique works on a stock rooted setup, which is what I ran on my SGSIII for a while until more ROMs became available. Plus, you can use this method to silence other system sounds.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Also it meant you didn't have to put your pants on, you don't have to be coy with us Chris, lol.

C'mon, keep going!! North!! North!! North!! Lol.

Okay, video is working for me now, yes, exactly like that. I forgot about the big hats. Also, that's a funny movie if I recall, it's been a while.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Give it a other try. Just clicked on the link quoted in your reply and it played. Network glitch?

Edit: I see that you were able to watch the video. Haven't seen the movie in ahead, but after looking at the clips recently, I want to watch it again.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Maybe a dumb question but here goes. My Gnex is my first Android (rooted and rom'd of course) all the roms I've tried have the option to kill the camera sound. Wouldn't that be a better option then stock+rooted and changing the sound via command like this?

Sent from my rotary phone

LoL yeah that way works on CleanRom 2.5 for my S3.
I see there is an option to kill the shutter sound in the camera settings. :) I just saw it after reading your post ,,,, but thats the EZ way haha :p (j/k)
There is no option in the camera settings on the Nexus running the XenonHD Rom tho. I guess it just depends on if the developer want to add that or not to their Rom.
But thanks for the heads up of that being in some Roms :) I will keep an look out for it now .Im used to not seeing that option you pointed out .

Edit:
All set to head to McD's and snag some lunch .I always use the Google Wallet when I go there just because I dont have to breakout any actual cash.:)

Last edited:

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
It's a handy technique to know since not all ROMs have the option to mute camera sounds. And as you noted, the technique works on a stock rooted setup, which is what I ran on my SGSIII for a while until more ROMs became available. Plus, you can use this method to silence other system sounds.

Thanks. I know nothing about ADB commands. Got a good "ADB for dummies" link?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Looks most New Yorkers won't be going to work tomorrow. They're shutting down the subways, commuter railroads, and buses tonight.

Sent from my SGSIII

Then I guess they might get 2 days since it still shows off the coast in this time according to the app(Oct.30)
7yja5e2u.jpg

Sent from my SIII