[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I find this really interesting.. Hearing the growing number of people considering leaving VZW. Maybe VZW will begin to realize the high dollar they charge for their service in turn offering great LTE service which is what VZW seems to promote themselves thru now, just isn't balancing out in many customers pockets these days.
Combined with the whole GNex mess, the long painful wait of upgrades & new device releases along with lock down boot loaders its finally starting to turn many people off and making them look at prepaid or other carrier options.

I say thumbs up to all of you. The only way to be heard is speak with your $$$ and where you decide to spend it. Many people did it to Sprint after years of crappy 3g service and failed attempt at 4g (WiMAX) and it made Sprint eventually take a different direction and turn to LTE and work on fixing their sub par 3g network and as a continued incentive having a low price combined with unlimited plans.

LTE is awesome, but it destroys battery. Verizon has long been the best, basically the only competent, provider in my area of long island (north shore- lots of hills and valleys and rich people that dont want cell towers) - but from the looks of it, att and tmo have both stepped up their presence here, and i'll struggle a little bit once in a while if it means saving a ton of money.

that said, if verizon was getting the nexus 4 i would probably suck it up and sign one last contract with them, or just buy the damn thing off contract and keep my unlimited until i cant deal with their exorbitant prices any longer..

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Didn't you just post that ^ a couple of days ago?

I highly recommend just hiding in her bushes and peeping through her windows. 60 percent of the time it works every time.
LOL.. Now were recommending 2def becomes a "peeper" .. LOL...

Next time I walk under a tall, bushy tree and here a rustling going on above me I'll look up to see if its 2def hiding up there with his binoculars :)

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Didn't you just post that ^ a couple of days ago?

I highly recommend just hiding in her bushes and peeping through her windows. 60 percent of the time it works every time.

Fantana FTW.

"I know what you?re thinking, and the answer is yes, I do have a nickname for my . It?s called The Octagon, But I?ve also nicknamed my testes.
The left one is James Westfall, and the right one is Dr. Kenneth Noisewater. You ladies play your cards right, you might just get to meet the whole gang.?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Sportscenter is KILLING IT. I ahvent watched tv for more than a few minutes since the hurricane. This is awesome.

And in time for football (not counting chargers-chiefs matchup which is clearly irrelevant and doesnt count).

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wow I just did the maths (using my super ex-accountant brain)... and if I were to cancel my Verizon contract today, eat the early termination fee, and switch to Tmo's $30 prepaid 4g plan, which gives me everything I need and coverage should be great for the places I go, and order a Nexus 4 from the play store..... the whole process would actually save me around $600 over the next year versus waiting out the contract with VZW. That is nuts. I think I'd be an idiot to not do it.

EDIT: Oh plus I'm sure I could get some money selling the Gnex, so that figure goes up. Dangggg....

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Wow I just did the maths (using my super ex-accountant brain)... and if I were to cancel my Verizon contract today, eat the early termination fee, and switch to Tmo's $30 prepaid 4g plan, which gives me everything I need and coverage should be great for the places I go, and order a Nexus 4 from the play store..... the whole process would actually save me around $600 over the next year versus waiting out the contract with VZW. That is nuts. I think I'd be an idiot to not do it.

EDIT: Oh plus I'm sure I could get some money selling the Gnex, so that figure goes up. Dangggg....

it's all that up front money though ... what the etf? 150?
plus the phone ... 250-300.

kind of a lot to put up.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
350 wtf. that's insane.

they just charged my mom 30 dollar "upgrade fee" on top of her order. this m'f'ing company. wish there was a way to punch corporations in the face.

Well, depending on how long you have been in your contract it's less. 10 bucks per month less.

"If you cancel a line of Service, or if we cancel it for good cause, during its contract term, you'll have to pay an Early Termination Fee. If your contract term results from your purchase of an Advanced Device after November 14, 2009, your Early Termination Fee will be $350 minus $10 for each full month of your contract term that you complete."

Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
it's all that up front money though ... what the etf? 150?
plus the phone ... 250-300.

kind of a lot to put up.

Verizon Early termination fee: $350
Nexus 4: ~$350 (tax, etc a little extra)
Lets call that $750 total, to be aggressive (twss?), lol.
Savings in the plan between Verizon and Tmo's: $100 monthly (My bill averages about $135 a month right now, keep in mind that's with an extra line I got when I got the Gnex)
Carried over 13 months, if I started it this month, as my contract wouldn't be up til next december: $1300 in savings.
Minus the $750 cost... total saved: $550, plus maybe $150-200+ I could get for the gnex. Yeah that's some serious paper :)

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
ok ima try the math ... but gimme some leeway here bc i studied fine art undergrad, and law school now, so math is not my strongpoint ...

etf (350 - months i've completed in my contract so far (18) so -180) = 170 (is that right?)
nex4 = 350
amt i would spend for first month plus sim on Straight talk (because its the more expensive, might go with tmo but for calculations sake) = 65
porting my number to google = 20
total = 605

spending 5 more months with verizon = 400
nex4 = 350
new sim and service for a month = 65
port # = 20
total = 835

hm.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
TMo isn't an option for some of us:
tmo.jpg

ATT isn't much better (and they are roughly the same cost as VZW):
att.jpg

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Been getting some spam calls b/c of the dealership quotes re: Mustang, makes me appreciate the flexibility of G Voice.

Looking into a mustang? dope.

I'm more of a german car kinda guy (bad jew). I'm eyeing Audi s5 for when i get paid ... if that ever happens.