[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

What's the Crossbreed boot anim?

Regarding upkeeping topics, I know what you mean. Try updating a nightly thread--good Lord! But well worth it ;).

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Btw I love having a good off topic chatter thread.. every good forum needs one :)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Had meetings all morning and now I finally have a chance to flash v3 :D how I love to wipe/flash

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Might as well wait... V4 is dropping within the hour or so I think haha :D

I must admit, DT is one of the most intriguing members of the roming community. His spurts then no spurts (of roming activity) are both bewildering and amazing at the same time.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I must admit, DT is one of the most intriguing members of the roming community. His spurts then no spurts (of roming activity) are both bewildering and amazing at the same time.

He's the man lol.. I love his threads, his responses to some people are hilarious.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

V4 already... Once it drops I guess I'll have to step outside to download... Flashaholic indeed!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

He's the man lol.. I love his threads, his responses to some people are hilarious.

Yeah. Franco takes the cake though. I love his stuff, and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but the sheer anger and subtle passive aggression laced in responses is amazing. And don't get me wrong, I agree with him 100%--usually. It's just so funny to see it so forthright.

"This is mana from the Gods. STFU, follow my defaults, and if you screw up get your brain checked."

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

V4 already... Once it drops I guess I'll have to step outside to download... Flashaholic indeed!

What's the most you ever flashed in one day on the Nexus? Same question, any other phone?

For me, it's 4 on the Nexus-- 2 CM9 Nightlies, BAMF 1.0 (gahhh), and AOKP Build 27. Full wipes with each, so you can imagine my frustration lol.

For my DINC, I once hit 5, but 2 of those were CM6 (I reverted back).

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Might as well wait... V4 is dropping within the hour or so I think haha :D

Just restored all my app's looks like I'll need to find some time to flash v4 this afternoon. I would rather have to flash 10 times a week then once a month :D

Update - so after restoring everything and having v3 all set up I go to flash a theme and on accident flash v2 instead :( this is going to make me miss lunch
I'll just restore v2 and wait for v4.

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Just restored all my app's looks like I'll need to find some time to flash v4 this afternoon. I would rather have to flash 10 times a week then once a month :D

Update - so after restoring everything and having v3 all set up I go to flash a theme and on accident flash v2 instead :( this is going to make me miss lunch

Did you use touch recovery? The volume rocker/control for the regular CWM is so bloody sensitive. Terrifying. Worth $2 to just remove doubt lol.

BUT, that being said, I've rebooted my phone plenty of times by accident due to fat fingers in the touch recovery.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. Franco takes the cake though. I love his stuff, and I'm sure he's a nice guy, but the sheer anger and subtle passive aggression laced in responses is amazing. And don't get me wrong, I agree with him 100%--usually. It's just so funny to see it so forthright.

"This is mana from the Gods. STFU, follow my defaults, and if you screw up get your brain checked."
Haha yeah I haven't spent much time in his threads but from a few brief times I got the feeling he's got a good sense of humor like that

Lol oh jeez!

AND WITH THAT... V4 is live!

Reactions: zero neck

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Haha yeah I haven't spent much time in his threads but from a few brief times I got the feeling he's got a good sense of humor like that

Lol oh jeez!

AND WITH THAT... V4 is live!

See, you're inadvertently posting about CB updates. MAKE A TOPIC!!!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

But I don't WANNNAAAAA.... you do it. :p

lol I'm already updating the CM9 one, and seeing as you seem to be familiar with said dev, naturally you should do it.

If I wasn't updating CM9, and if I had personal experience with AXI0M's roms, I would. :cool:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Also, is anyone else shocked by how little action the ROM/Dev subsection of the forum gets?

You'd think that AC would attract a lot of our kind, but it sorta feels like we operate in Deadwood out here.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

What's the most you ever flashed in one day on the Nexus? Same question, any other phone?

For me, it's 4 on the Nexus-- 2 CM9 Nightlies, BAMF 1.0 (gahhh), and AOKP Build 27. Full wipes with each, so you can imagine my frustration lol.

For my DINC, I once hit 5, but 2 of those were CM6 (I reverted back).

I hit 3 on the Fascinate, went from Eclipse to to an MTD rom which didn't play nice with volume, then flashed to Superclean.

3 is the limit on the Nexus so far as well. Went from Liquid 1.0 to BAMF since I followed Adrynalyne quite a bit on the Fassy, then flashed to Crossbreed.

Touch recovery is so much easier to deal with, and the dual core makes restoring so much faster. I had to swap my wife's Fassy out yesterday to my old one, and talk about frustrating. She dropped hers into a paint tray full of purple PVA drywall primer. Should be fun to try and clean up and restore so I can use it as a music player. I miss my VooDoo sound!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Tell ya what though, one of my nandroids took a solid 8 minutes to finish. I was pisssssssed.

Other than that, it's like lightning.