[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I loaded up the new gummy. I guess I will run it for a few days, after setting it up. Tweak options are similar but no separate lockscreen wallpaper. Kinda miss that. Missing a few others too.
The different locks are cool, especially the rotary one.

Sent from my Th3orized GN

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

Yeah the lockscreen looks great.

It also has CM9 toggles, which are the best (IMHO).

Love me those toggles.

30 mins until I can turn my phone back on!

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Had a heart attack...speaker wouldn't play media/YouTube/etc. Would play ringtones/alarms just fine.

Slept on it, and boom, it's fine.

I flashed between my stock Nandroid, GummyNex (terrible boot animation BTW, if you're reading, Kejar), and 2 CM9 nightlies to solve it.

Apparently this issue is not infrequent. It's reading as the headphone is still there. Why? Who knows. But eventually it clears up for most it seems.

If I needed a fifth I would have it go straight to Samsung.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Had a heart attack...speaker wouldn't play media/YouTube/etc. Would play ringtones/alarms just fine.

Slept on it, and boom, it's fine.

I flashed between my stock Nandroid, GummyNex (terrible boot animation BTW, if you're reading, Kejar), and 2 CM9 nightlies to solve it.

Apparently this issue is not infrequent. It's reading as the headphone is still there. Why? Who knows. But eventually it clears up for most it seems.

If I needed a fifth I would have it go straight to Samsung.

Maybe when you got it wet with the screen protector, some of the water seeped through the glass.

j/k :0

Praying for your phone to be ok.............well not REALLY praying but if you leave the forum for another phone, who will upkeep the cm9 thread? lol

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

^^ Dont exactly "like" the story, obviously.

But well written. Sorry ya have been going thru that.

And, I redact (or just clarify) my comments left in that thread. I would have to say, if it were me, I would keep trying to get a good unit, bc i love this phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'll do the same. If worst comes to worst, it's either going through Asurion or Samsung. I've had enough of this.

I can deal with intermittent problems. But praying the speaker to work after using headphones?

FML.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I'll do the same. If worst comes to worst, it's either going through Asurion or Samsung. I've had enough of this.

I can deal with intermittent problems. But praying the speaker to work after using headphones?

FML.

On a day when its working badly, take it to verizon and make a scene. Raise hell. Demand a refurb and demand that the refurb is in pristine condition and perfect working order.

I wouldn't want to pay asurion for the refurb, however you might get a better unit ... not sure how that goes. I had one refurbished Dinc thru asurion and it was a nice unit. But i guesss you never know.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

That was the first and second unit.

The third one was done over the phone.

There's no way for them to guarantee a unit, they rely on the CLN program, and that's it. Regardless, they're breaching all sorts of warranty terms, so just let them get mouthy ;).

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Get that contract out. A few more bad units maybe you can have yourself some recision and restitution. :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I jokingly said that I would wait 5 units before pulling the attorney card.

lol @ that getting really really close.

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Perusing the wiki forums, there is a new rom...Frankenrom.
[FrankenRom]nocoast-deMIUI (AOSP ui x Miui Framework) HyBRID - RootzWiki

Also simplex rom
| SimplexROM | A5 | Toro | - RootzWiki

Is this phone getting good or what?

It's kinda sad that there are great devs toiling away and the really well established roms overshadow the new guys on the block.

I wonder how much draw there is to a de-miui'd miui.

Seems a bit counter-intuitive, right?

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

I'd like to flash em all, but even crackflashers have a limit...at least I do. 2 or 3 a day is enough for me heheh
Seriously, I am mellowing out and letting a rom sit for at least 4 or 5 days.

So many roms, almost a downside(not really) to owning this phone. :eek:

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to flash em all, but even crackflashers have a limit...at least I do. 2 or 3 a day is enough for me heheh
Seriously, I am mellowing out and letting a rom sit for at least 4 or 5 days.

So many roms, almost a downside(not really) to owning this phone. :eek:

I hear that. I'm the same way. If i do flash more than one rom a day, or every three-five days, it's just for a test drive usually.

I keep it simple. But it's nice to flash something new and get that excitement going.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I hear that. I'm the same way. If i do flash more than one rom a day, or every three-five days, it's just for a test drive usually.

I keep it simple. But it's nice to flash something new and get that excitement going.

I was always flashing different ROMs on my ThunderBolt. It was a combination of being new to Android and hoping that I'd get my TBolt to work better. Now with my Galaxy Nexus I tend to stick to a particular ROM for a while (meaning at least a week or two :D). I have a pretty complicated setup along with a lot of apps so reconfiguring my phone after a data wipe takes a while.

But I sense I will be flashing away soon now that Google has released the source for 4.0.4.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited: