[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] Galaxy Nexus Crackflashers/News/Discussion

I ran the cm9 nightly from .. i guess four or five days ago. It was really fast, and what features worked were pretty awesome. But it was still like half a skeleton of what it will be when they're finished.

Functions at a high level, though.

AND BTW, IT IS OPENING DAY FOR THE NEW YORK METROPOLITANS. baseball season fellas

Last edited:

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

Lol I love zero neck's little "Thanks" of encouragement he gives out so liberally when we're helpful throughout the forum... what a guy ;)

Reactions: NotJustAPhone

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

IMO Roms shouldn't behave any differently, in a vaccuum, depending on the phone... however it is true that some phones do not react to certain kernels the same, and some can handle lower voltages that others. All silicon is not created equal. So if 2 people are having different experiences after flashing a ROM, I would look to blame the kernel not cooperating with one person's phone before the ROM. Could also be other factors, such as not wiping properly, restoring bad data, having a fragmented, cluttered, or corrupted sd card or corrupt files on it... etc etc etc.... just my 2 cents :)

lol I wipe religiously. I tried 4 kernels, with the most prevalent "bad one" being the latest franco milestone (#2). I tried a stable imo LK, an exp imo LK, and the stock kernel.

The stock 3.00 imo caused the first one, then exp the second, and then the franco milestone 2 2 of them.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

Lol I love zero neck's little "Thanks" of encouragement he gives out so liberally when we're helpful throughout the forum... what a guy ;)

haha yeah. well alot of the time people go unthanked when they deserve the credit for things, so i try to spread them around.

and im a generous dude ya know?

:)

@dmmarck - there's no dislike button but just know i commiserate.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

haha yeah. well alot of the time people go unthanked when they deserve the credit for things, so i try to spread them around.

No worries, it happens! That being said, it was the fastest rom I've been on.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

And oh so humble too :)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

I think we should all just randomly thank/like stuff, try to add a bit of chaos to our days lol

Reactions: 2defmouze

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

The note is really awesome. The screen real estate is really nice, I could get used to it real easy.
The OneX looks killer and has unreal specs. Plus Phil says the screen blows away the gnex screen.

One major flaw of any phone is the incredible third party support the GN has. I knew the dev scene was going to be good but did not expect it to be like this. I'm not sure ANY phone can get this kind of rom/kernel/mod support except the next Nexus. The fascinate had pretty good dev support and they transformed the phone after one year into something really good. Imagine one year down the road how good our phone will be. :eek:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

The note is really awesome. The screen real estate is really nice, I could get used to it real easy.
The OneX looks killer and has unreal specs. Plus Phil says the screen blows away the gnex screen.

One major flaw of any phone is the incredible third party support the GN has. I knew the dev scene was going to be good but did not expect it to be like this. I'm not sure ANY phone can get this kind of rom/kernel/mod support except the next Nexus. The fascinate had pretty good dev support and they transformed the phone after one year into something really good. Imagine one year down the road how good our phone will be. :eek:

Exactly. I love the look and everything about the One X--but it'll NEVER get support like this gets.

I mentioned that in his comparo thread too. :/

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site

Imagine what aokp build 75 or liquid v25 will be like...I dunno teleportation maybe? LOL

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I'll miss you all on a daily, but still stop in from time to time. My Maxx is sitting at the house, too many issues with these phones. #3 turned itself into a mini-tablet yesterday. :-\

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol @zeroneck...life long yankee fan here... Hope we can still be friends :) us yank fans have nothing against you mets lovers... You guys have enough misery to deal with ;D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Phils playing right now. Love having the best pitcher in baseball ;).

...or 3 of them.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

...or 3 of them.

Lol can't argue that... I like the Phillies, great team to play as in mlb the show :) Phillies fans are a little wild tho... Haha

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

...or 3 of them.

Where's my hate button???? Jk. Sorta

As for the yanks, I don't hate. I did as a kid, but nowadays I just have respect for the org.

And how stacked is Detroit this year... crazy

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Where's my hate button???? Jk. Sorta

As for the yanks, I don't hate. I did as a kid, but nowadays I just have respect for the org.

And how stacked is Detroit this year... crazy

I am neutral when it comes to the Phillies. The Yanks... meh. No offense Mouze!
I am really looking forward to Fielder smashing his fair share out of the park. As long as the infield can keep it together for defense we finally have the bats to back up our pitching staff. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC