[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Its the weekend. This noob is going to attempt to get the 4.2 camera onto my Gnex (GSM, AOKP JB Milestone 1, Franco Milestone 6). I tried flashing the zip from the thread on it, but no dice.... so I guess I'm gonna have to do it manually. Anybody feel like maybe walking me through it (possibly tonight or tomorrow morning?).

I "cheated" to get root and ROMs on here. Used Wuggs to root, and just flash zips. Pushing APK files and such manually (and where to put them) gets me a little nervous.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Flashed the 4.2 camera and gallery. Digging it so far. Google McDoogle comes through again.

Sent from low Earth orbit from my Skyrocket.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I "cheated" to get root and ROMs on here. Used Wuggs to root, and just flash zips. Pushing APK files and such manually (and where to put them) gets me a little nervous.

Just read what directions there are, and ask questions if you run into them. Someone will have at least a suggestion if not the answer. Its a pretty simple process for the camera.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I'm still on the version of the 4.2 camera that force close's when you go into photo sphere mode it force closes and all the one's that work have been taken down..anyone got a link..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This is what I used everything works here is the4.2 camera.zip
4.2Camera.zip
I made a backup of my rom
I downloaded the 4.2 camera.zip
Flashed it in recovery
rebooted
I use root exployer and I renamed galley2.apk to galley2.apk.bak
Then I installed the patch which is below

camera42_patched_v2.zip
I flashed the patch in recovery over the 4.2camera.zip just as an update
rebooted and so far so good
I been playing around with it off and on all day,so I havent even flashed the Atom Rom yet ,ha
The patch came off android police website probably from some files from Dylan put together in a zip by somebody, the 4.2camera.zip was from a link somewhere in this thread posted by Dylan.Anyhoo we all know that Dylan was the one that made this all possible :)

I dont know why the other links were took down someone let me know,if I should take these links down if somethings up I dont know about.

Last edited:

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
This is what I used everything works here is the4.2 camera.zip
4.2Camera.zip
I made a backup of my rom
I downloaded the 4.2 camera.zip
Flashed it in recovery
rebooted
I use root exployer and I renamed galley2.apk to galley2.apk.bak
Then I installed the patch which is below

camera42_patched_v2.zip
I flashed the patch in recovery over the 4.2camera.zip just as an update
rebooted and so far so good
I been playing around with it off and on all day,so I havent even flashed the Atom Rom yet ,ha
The patch came off android police website probably from some files from Dylan put together in a zip by somebody, the 4.2camera.zip was from a link somewhere in this thread posted by Dylan.Anyhoo we all know that Dylan was the one that made this all possible :)
I needed that patch thanks:D
Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I'm still on the version of the 4.2 camera that force close's when you go into photo sphere mode it force closes and all the one's that work have been taken down..anyone got a link..

You should have been manually installing anyway :)

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
While it look's like a morning hunt tomorrow so I'll be up around 6 a.m if anyone is on at that time I'll be on until i get to the hunting spot.:D

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Been real busy lately. House stuff. Back and forth with a local arms dealer. Getting a Springfield xd 9mm. Working some insane hours. I've been dusted. I sure missed out on a bunch. I see some fresh fish around the waters too.

I see 4.2 flashing. My wife has been buggin me to flash something for her. I knew I waited for a good reason.

I hope you guys are all doing good. Looks like nobody has missed a meal or a good adult beverage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo