[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Been real busy lately. House stuff. Back and forth with a local arms dealer. Getting a Springfield xd 9mm.

You find a house yet?

And xd 9 or xdm 9?

XDM9-1.jpg

XDM9-2.jpg

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

no idea what the difference is but they both look fly.

just got home from the bar. they ran out of regular jameson and served me up the good stuff, 12 years aged jameson. and it was all free. ( i paid for my beers tho).

local bar, where i am well known (or notorious, depending on who you ask).

knicks crushed the heat, that was pretty awesome. small samples tho.

now i guess i'll watch some tv on the net since i have power back bc what the hell. tomorrow i REALLY HAVE TO WORK. no day drinking (or, minimal), no women, no sports (maybe a look in at college football but whatever), etc.

sunday's not a work day bc of nfl so ... have to make tomorrow count.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/inkdaddy66/P1180864-900x601.jpg
Just an XD. What's this difference between the xd and xdm? It looks like you've already got one! You SOB! Lol.

House. Yes. 4bed 2bath. We are now in escrow :thumbup::D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

Sweet. Good luck on the rest of the house business. No wonder have been quiet, I remember how busy that was.

And yeah, pics of the xdm when I first purchased. Notable differences:
match-grade barrel
Adjustable back straps
slightly better trigger (maybe placebo)
increased capacity 19+1 on the 9mm

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i gotta go shooting. never fired one.

i am considering joining jag when i'm done with law school so that would require officer school, military legal training i think, and maybe some form of boot camp. all of which i would be down for. then deployment somewhere to (ideally) oversee drone strikes or some thing. that sounds both awesome and terrifying.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

i am considering joining jag when i'm done with law school so that would require officer school, military legal training i think, and maybe some form of boot camp. all of which i would be down for. then deployment somewhere to (ideally) oversee drone strikes or some thing. that sounds both awesome and terrifying.

Katie's considering it. Highly, highly competitive program. If you fail the bar there's a chance you go to war as an officer. lol

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

I know a bunch of people who became JAGs. Only the Marines put JAG candidates through boot camp.

Sent from my SGSIII

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Katie's considering it. Highly, highly competitive program. If you fail the bar there's a chance you go to war as an officer. lol

DOPE. i mean, dangerous and all that, but pretty dope.

And, clearly i'll pas the bar haha.

They were at my school for OCI but i didnt apply bc with my grades and all i thought i would get a real job that pays big. And that obviously has not happened so. I figure two years of jag, then go to a defense firm or something.

sound reasonable?

i gotta start looking into things i 'm so fn lazy

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
DOPE. i mean, dangerous and all that, but pretty dope.

And, clearly i'll pas the bar haha.

They were at my school for OCI but i didnt apply bc with my grades and all i thought i would get a real job that pays big. And that obviously has not happened so. I figure two years of jag, then go to a defense firm or something.

sound reasonable?

i gotta start looking into things i 'm so fn lazy

Yup. Big $$ jobs don't happen these days without (1) sheer luck, and (2) a license. It's terrible. If we did this ten years ago we'd be making gobs of money.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Big $$ jobs don't happen these days without (1) sheer luck, and (2) a license. It's terrible. If we did this ten years ago we'd be making gobs of money.

word. i need to find something. a clerkship for the summer or something with small-mid size firm.

definitely struck out with the big firms this fall, but they're not looking to lock up hofstra students anyhow.

depressing shi&*( for sure. f this profession.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In addition to the private product development I'm doing, I'd like to get back into either the retail environment (offered two separate positions at the local 'flagship' Best Buy and tentatively one at Verizon), or contractual work like I've done for T-Mo/Samsung in the past. It's tempting.. very tempting. I'm lucky to potentially have the option.

In other news, Elysian Night Owl (pumpkin ale) made in Seattle, homemade apple crisp and vanilla ice cream, and a football game to watch. Not such a bad friday night so far. ;) How we all doing?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I should really be in bed right now.

Never fired a gun before in my life, always been interested though. I may look into local ranges, see what the cost is like for some training and such, just so I can see what it feels like. Doubt I'd ever buy one though. I don't trust myself enough.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I should really be in bed right now.

Never fired a gun before in my life, always been interested though. I may look into local ranges, see what the cost is like for some training and such, just so I can see what it feels like. Doubt I'd ever buy one though. I don't trust myself enough.

I'm somewhat with you on that. I've thought about it before though, so the future will tell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781