[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And that's where the issue I had was.. the utility I used to set up the dual-boot wasn't properly recognizing the upgrade's partitions, just had to update that app then redo the configuration and now all is shiny :)

I had one hell of a time setting up my dual-boot Ubuntu/Win7 a while back. Of course, I had drives that were part of a striped array at one point and then removed from the array to be used solo as well as a couple of other raid 0 and raid 1 arrays I was trying to get functional under both OSes. I actually found it to be quite a bit easier under the old grub.

At this point, I don't dual boot ubuntu on my desktop or laptop (though it is the primary OS on my netbook which is hardly ever used). I'm more partial to running Ubuntu on a virtual PC within one of those devices. I also used to use Ubuntu on my HTPC (mythbuntu for a while and then XBMC on Ubuntu), but gave that up as configuring the remote and some of the A/V peripherals became to cumbersome. It's all Win7 now (with legal copies, mind you) across my numerous PCs/laptops.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Actually, is chatter not counted for the "global post" count? See:
posts.jpg

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
But why would global posts be less than posts if your theory is correct? I think I may have entered two AC contests, so I'll guess that those posts are included in my post count, but not my global post count?

I don't think it's working right on the AC forums. If the Chatter posts didn't count, my post count would be down a couple thousand. Lol.

Sent from my SGSIII

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Test post.

Edit: This post incremented my post count but not the global count.

Also noticed that the Thanks and Like buttons don't appear in my Tapatalk menu. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my SGSIII

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
The global posts thing includes posts on the other Mobile Nations sites. So we know that you're cheating on AC. :D

Sent from my SGSIII

I've never posted on any of the other sites, so, you'd think they'd be the same. Thinking maybe some subforums are left out in one of the totals? Curious to see if both are incremented after this post.

Edit: This post incremented my post count but not the global count.
Yea, same here.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I've never posted on any of the other sites, so, you'd think they'd be the same. Thinking maybe some subforums are left out in one of the totals? Curious to see if both are incremented after this post.

Yea, same here.

I've got 200-300 posts on CrackBerry and a handful of posts on iMore (back in its TiPB incarnation) so my global count should be a larger number.

Sent from my SGSIII