[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Whats up everyone! Currently updating my MAXX HD to Jelly Bean thankfully now that I was able to get back to stock and root the damn thing. So I went to the dealer yesterday about the car I might be getting. I am considering a Mercedes C350 Coupe 4matic, black with special dynamica interior which is basically sport race type interior that makes it look awesome. Getting some pricing worked out based on lease terms but it looks good so far. Can't take pics of the car since I would need to order it new.

bbudnick5001

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys I have a problem and y'all are awesome so I'm sure someone will have an answer for me. When I enter an event in my calendar it somehow defaults the time zone to Pacific time even though my home time zone is set to EST. IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!! Any thoughts? Oh and I'm on a clean flash AOKP M1 with Franco M6 and latest gapps. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I have a problem and y'all are awesome so I'm sure someone will have an answer for me. When I enter an event in my calendar it somehow defaults the time zone to Pacific time even though my home time zone is set to EST. IT IS DRIVING ME NUTS!! Any thoughts? Oh and I'm on a clean flash AOKP M1 with Franco M6 and latest gapps. Thanks in advance.

Possibly a calendar setting? Haven't used the calendar much on the phone to be honest.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Check the time zone setting on your Calendar app and by logging into your Google account from your computer's browser.

Sent from my SGSIII

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I've always done well following a plan of sorts, that basically was, don't eat more than 400-500 calories a day. I miss those days where that worked. I was nauseous a fair amount of the time, but I was also...medicated, so it was easy to subside and helped me a lot in the losing weight department. It's a mental struggle now though, every bite I take I can't help but picture it just lodging itself on my body somewhere and I hate myself for eating anything at all. It probably medically doesn't make any sense, I realize this, but it's really hard to get my brain and my body to cooperate, if that makes any sense.

Eating 400 - 500 calories a day is extremely unhealthy. I highly suggest you don't do that, lol. You might lose weight, but, it's the wrong way to do it, and, along the way you don't learn anything about healthy eating. You are only slapping a band aid on the problem.

And, I can't stress exercise enough. Even if you just walk every day, it's at least something. I don't think you have an office job, but, do you get a lunch break? If you do, it's a great time to walk. I walk on my lunch break everyday. And, then try and get some exercise in at some point, best time is in the morning because you don't have all day to make excuses to yourself.

A buddy of mine is having success using Weight Watchers. They have an app too.

I just checked in the settings, don't see a way to set your timezone, but, there should be one in your clock settings, might correlate. But, there is a Use Home Time Zone check box. It could be that you have it checked and it thinks you live somewhere that you don't, or, it's not checked and it thinks you are currently somewhere that you are not.

Maybe try clearing calendar cache, and possibly data?

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Did everyone see the Member Map yet? Kind of cool. Add yo'selfz. http://forums.androidcentral.com/membermap.php
added

Phone questions/advice:
Verizon is the only company that has good signal where i travel.....so no new Nexus for me.
Now i am thinking Note 2 or DNA.
Note 2:
Seems like if i put AOKP (or something else) on it, you would loose a lot of the cool functions that make this phone stand out. (S-Pen, duel window, ect....)
Can i live with just a rooted Touchwiz device....OUCH:'(
But I love the size, screen, specs and extras.

DNA:
Would the 1080 screen give you more room on your screen?(Everything would be smaller/higher quality and therefor be able to have more information on the screen. (I am thinking when you change you resolution on your computer monitor, more usable space on the same size screen)

Great screen, great looking phone, great specs, but less features then the note 2.

What do you guys think?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
What do you guys think?

Are you one of those people who just -has- to flash ROMs and automatically hates carrier skins? If so, go for whichever one feels better in your hands. The DNA is sure to get development. Or, if you're just impatient, get the Note 2 and enjoy your ROMs.

If you will actually give a carrier skin a chance, go play with the Note 2 and see if what they did works for you, and if you will actually use all those features. As far as the DNA goes, Sense is Sense, it's whatever. The Note 2 has features that separate it from all other devices.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
added

Phone questions/advice:
Verizon is the only company that has good signal where i travel.....so no new Nexus for me.
Now i am thinking Note 2 or DNA.
Note 2:
Seems like if i put AOKP (or something else) on it, you would loose a lot of the cool functions that make this phone stand out. (S-Pen, duel window, ect....)
Can i live with just a rooted Touchwiz device....OUCH:'(
But I love the size, screen, specs and extras.

DNA:
Would the 1080 screen give you more room on your screen?(Everything would be smaller/higher quality and therefor be able to have more information on the screen. (I am thinking when you change you resolution on your computer monitor, more usable space on the same size screen)

Great screen, great looking phone, great specs, but less features then the note 2.

What do you guys think?

Both look to be awesome devices. I have spent some time with the Note 2 and it is definitely a BEAST. There are TW ROMS already available over at XDA for it that strip away the junk, leaving the cool TW features. And with it running JB out of the box, I'm less concerned about some of the things I used to hate about GB or even ICS ROMS. JB is just so smooth and easy. I'm leaving VZW and jumping to AT&T to get the Note 2 on contract, and sell my GNEX so I can get the Nexus 4 as my "backup/flashing" device.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Flashing the update as soon as I get to a computer at the hangar..
At this point its school can wait and flashing cant :D:cool::thumbup:lol..little hyper today:p

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles