[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
In all seriousness though, I have a couple of months of 3D printing work coming up and I want to start producing some extra stuff. I can't do electronic components such as integrated inductive chargers, but I can do docks/stands with simple micro-USB chargers.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
In all seriousness though, I have a couple of months of 3D printing work coming up and I want to start producing some extra stuff. I can't do electronic components such as integrated inductive chargers, but I can do docks/stands with simple micro-USB chargers.

A dock for the nexus 7 please?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
A dock for the nexus 7 please?

It's on the list. ;) No promises, but I'm quite interested in taking a small business to market focusing around 3D-printed, customizable technical accessories.

I'd be willing to pay good money for a quality dock that would fit an evo 4g lte with a case (a dock like this). I'll measure my phone complete with case later, but the case is this one

I'll look into it. Once you start adding cases to the mix, it gets more complicated. I typically create my models down to around 0.25mm in accuracy, and so it involves a significant amount of work for each individual one I need to create.

Edit: also, my materials include ABS plastic, transparent resin, titanium, stainless steel, and occasionally silver and gold.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm beat. I work in a plant that manufactures grader and snowplow blades... it's manual labour, but today was a bit over the top. Today I literally pushed 16+ tons of steel. Anybody want to bring me a 6pack? I hardly have the energy to go out for a smoke, nevermind actually go anywhere.

how ya'll doing? I haven't even had time to check this thread since the weekend

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
And I'm on my way home. Feels like the Wiley coyote/sheep dog episodes where the other coyote/sheep dog clock in while the first ones clock out. Tried to find a video but couldn't, just got to my car anyway. I'm sure its buried in one of the videos on YouTube. I'll let the chatter video archivist find it. Lolol.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums

Sam and Ralph.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSuhxFo76o&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGSIII

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
It's on the list. ;) No promises, but I'm quite interested in taking a small business to market focusing around 3D-printed, customizable technical accessories.

I'll look into it. Once you start adding cases to the mix, it gets more complicated. I typically create my models down to around 0.25mm in accuracy, and so it involves a significant amount of work for each individual one I need to create.

Edit: also, my materials include ABS plastic, transparent resin, titanium, stainless steel, and occasionally silver and gold.

Lol but we get the friends and family discount aka free lol :p how much you thinking? If it happens of course:D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Lol but we get the friends and family discount aka free lol :p how much you thinking? If it happens of course:D

The base price would be determined by the material, volume, and shipping. I really can't say until I put a demo model together and measure the volume. ABS plastic? Inexpensive, but feels low-quality and the dock won't have much weight to it. Titanium? Expensive, but very high-quality and the dock will certainly hold its own against a phone or tablet.

Don't you hate it when you try to pick up your phone or tablet and the dock starts to come with it? I don't want mine to move. It's a dock. :D

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm ok if it doesn't fit the phone without the case, just pretend the size of the case is how big the phone will be.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm ok if it doesn't fit the phone without the case, just pretend the size of the case is how big the phone will be.

I get that, I'm just saying that I have to go through the whole process for each case I want to support, and I'm not going to be able to do that for each different case people use. Right now the Nexus devices are first in line. ;)

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
uc

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Home screen

Jellybean 4.2, apex launcher, animated digital clock widget (the second hand actually moves), and wallpaper from a Sony Xperia

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353027566936.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353027566936.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 35

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall