[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yea, it was weird to be doing it sober and not in someone's garage or on their driveway, lol.

thats_what_she_said2_xlarge.jpg

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I hate that there is almost no RAZR MAXX content here. I need step by step :-/ lol Rooting is simple enough but this Safestrap nonsense is totally new and confusing the hell out of me.

I am 1000% excites to see what kind of terrible/awesome things you do to that phone.

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I am 1000% excites to see what kinds of new photos I can take with a front facing camera, lolol

Touche. Too bad you never got that evo 3d. Lolz.

I'm other news I'm making my own custom Christmas ornament, not sure how it'll turn out but pics incoming of my failed masterpiece.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
This phone is gorgeous. Pretty much all set up through tmobile already, and they were very helpful in disabling my voicemail so when I'm ready to port in my google voice number that shouldn't be a problem. Just about time to root her and get the true setup going :D

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Also: random thought process, does anyone know of a good/trustworthy program that can be run on a GSM iPhone 4 that will back up contacts to transfer over to a galaxy S2? I'm thinking I'll just tell the woman to sync her contacts via gmail then just load her gmail up on her new phone and wait.

Professionals, guide me through the darkness!

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Also: random thought process, does anyone know of a good/trustworthy program that can be run on a GSM iPhone 4 that will back up contacts to transfer over to a galaxy S2? I'm thinking I'll just tell the woman to sync her contacts via gmail then just load her gmail up on her new phone and wait.

That's exactly what I would do :)

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Spaghetti?

One thing at a time lol, after multi quote we can annoy Cory with the image problem.

Well played, good sir.

Get a Linksys. I have bought two in the last 12 years or more and they were probably never more than 50. They work great. Only reason I had to get the second one was because the first one was I think only b/g.

What, you didn't wanna TWSS my "in the number two slot" joke? Seriously? Number two slot?!

Hey, it can't always be me.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

How to Make the Switch from iOS to Android

Basically, she needs to sign up for a GMail account, then do this:

Or you can do it through iTunes if you prefer, though you'll only be able to pull your contacts' vital fields like their names, job titles, email, postal addresses, phone numbers, and IM handle. To do so:

• Mount your iPhone onto your computer as an external drive using a USB cable and open iTunes
  • Select your iPhone from the list on the left pane and select the "Info" tab
  • Select "Sync Contacts With" and then choose "Google Contacts" from the drop-down
  • Enter your Google log-in info when prompted then hit Apply to sync
Make sure you disable the Sync With Google option when you've finished otherwise the system will dump redundant entries into your contacts list.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

That is the easiest way to do it.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
That's exactly what I would do :)

How to Make the Switch from iOS to Android

Basically, she needs to sign up for a GMail account, then do this:

Or you can do it through iTunes if you prefer, though you'll only be able to pull your contacts' vital fields like their names, job titles, email, postal addresses, phone numbers, and IM handle. To do so:

• Mount your iPhone onto your computer as an external drive using a USB cable and open iTunes
  • Select your iPhone from the list on the left pane and select the "Info" tab
  • Select "Sync Contacts With" and then choose "Google Contacts" from the drop-down
  • Enter your Google log-in info when prompted then hit Apply to sync
Make sure you disable the Sync With Google option when you've finished otherwise the system will dump redundant entries into your contacts list.

That is the easiest way to do it.

Thanks all! Good to know I'm not a total Re-Re when it comes to this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37