[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Well, remember I'm still rather a noob. ADB is very much a mystery to me. I just flash via CWM. Combine that with the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit to unlock and root... and it's pretty easy. I don't think any such tools exist for this mystery tab. Bit I'll see what I can find out about it and let ya'll know.

Which reminds me... I really need to read up and learn ADB. might be helpful someday ;)

Never used adb personally. Used terminal emulator to root my old inspire. That was the hardest root I've ever obtained. I felt a sense of accomplishment when I finished that one. Since then root has been a piece of cake on other androids.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Terminal = Linux. I know about as much as terminal commands as I do with ADB. I'm much more comfortable wrenching on a car, to me that's logic. ADB is still a foreign language. One that I want to learn though

Sent from my rotary phone

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Terminal = Linux. I know about as much as terminal commands as I do with ADB. I'm much more comfortable wrenching on a car, to me that's logic. ADB is still a foreign language. One that I want to learn though

Agreed. Wrenches are simple. Computer code not so much.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Timing belt and water pump swap on a Honda civic = easy. Time consuming but easy. ADB seems like someone handing you a bag of parts and telling you to build a carburetor out of it

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
So, a 4.2 unofficial port has surfaced for my phone, as well as a new paranoidandroid port.

Do I upgrade from my AOKP 4.1.2 build 5? Decisions, decisions...... this all sways on weather or not cole2kb will edit the ROMs for me lol

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
So, a 4.2 unofficial port has surfaced for my phone, as well as a new paranoidandroid port.

Do I upgrade from my AOKP 4.1.2 build 5? Decisions, decisions...... this all sways on weather or not cole2kb will edit the ROMs for me lol

Sent from my 4.1.2 Deviled Unicorn I500

Give in to the crack-flashing desire

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
This conversation cracks me up. Some would say wrenching on a car is difficult.

Edit: good buzz going while the wifey drives me home

Not me. Mechanic by trade but I knew my way around a computer to a certain extent. Always good to have the wifey dd

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Not me. Mechanic by trade but I knew my way around a computer to a certain extent. Always good to have the wifey dd

I'm just a nerd, but not afraid to wrench on a car. Though still more capable on the electronics side. Most people would cry if they saw how much I gutted my cars for stereo installs.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And by wrench in a car I mean change oil or brakes. Not much more involved than that. But ask me to pull the seats, carpet and every interior trim piece and I'm right at home.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Wuzzup guys... just spent the night catching up on 2 Dexters and 3 Homelands.. Got at least 2 Walking Deads to do as well but that will have to wait. Apparently it's Friday and I'm supposed to go out drinking now :)

@NGEFreek.. ADB isn't hard to figure out, just Google some commands and it's kind of a learn-as-you-go thing, imo. If you happen to be using Ubuntu there's a great script on Rootz that sets it all up for you and gives you some extra features to play with..

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm out kids... My stats 30+ hours awake time, with a quick nap in the middle for a bump charge. Time for a good long deep recharge with my pillow

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, remember I'm still rather a noob. ADB is very much a mystery to me. I just flash via CWM. Combine that with the Galaxy Nexus Toolkit to unlock and root... and it's pretty easy. I don't think any such tools exist for this mystery tab. Bit I'll see what I can find out about it and let ya'll know.

Which reminds me... I really need to read up and learn ADB. might be helpful someday ;)

Is it a Viewsonic G-Tablet? I have one of those things. Haven't used it in ages but I recall that it had Froyo. Screen wasn't so great but the other hardware specs were decent. Let me know what it is.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay