[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Og droid... Thunderbolt.. droid charge.. Iphone 4(yuck)... Rezound... Droid razr...galaxy s3... Iphone 5.. Galaxy s3

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Hahahaha so many phones I don't want ....

I like the s2 but the s3 isn't my cup of tea. I love the HTC one x tho, build wise.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
If the one x was on Verizon at the time I upgraded to the GS3 I probably would have picked the one x over it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. I ended up getting the SGSIII because it was the best phone available back when I could still upgrade to a subsidized phone without losing unlimited data.

Sent from my SGSIII

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Continuum was my first Android phone...yep. :'(

That almost pushed me to the iPhone, but I talked the VZW rep into letting my wife and I swap* the Continuum for Samsung Fascinates without paying any fees or changing our contract dates, etc. I actually really like the Fascinate, and it is the phone that got me into rooting/romming, it was so easy. We still have one of them, it's running ICS, and there are JB ROMS for that phone that apparently run pretty well. Pretty cool device, I'd say, despite it's horrible radios.

Next was the Samsung Droid Charge, I got it on eBay for like $100, bc I wanted a 4G phone on the VZW 4G/LTE here in Bodymore Baltimore. Not bad, screen was nice, just not a fan of the hardware. Got me hooked on 4G/LTE though, not sure I can give it up.

Which brought me to the Gnex. Got one on eBay back in May for around $250, got one for my wife as well a couple months later. Still love it, especially running a JB ROM. Picked up the N7 as well, after falling in love with Nexus devices.

Bought the N4 yesterday, cause I've been wanting to leave VZW at the end of our contract in about 2 weeks. :) Not sure what happens next...

*soft toss for NJAP, or whoever gets to it first.

Edit: sorry, didn't get my post in quick enough for the changing chatter tide. Carry on. :p

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Started out on a BlackBerry Storm, then a Fascinate, then a Droid x2, then a Dinc 2, then an iPhone 4, then a Fascinate, to a Gnex, then a Razr Maxx, and now back to a Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Started out on a BlackBerry Storm, then a Fascinate, then a Droid x2, then a Dinc 2, then an iPhone 4, then a Fascinate, to a Gnex, then a Razr Maxx, and now back to a Gnex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

I had both the Storm and Storm 2. I was a real glutton for punishment. Still use a work-issued Blackberry Tour. :eek:

Sent from my SGSIII

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
i was real close to getting a fascinate after the dinc but i held out for the tbolt thinking 4g would be awesome. turns out 4g isnt really that big a deal. and the phone was a POS. if i had t o keep that phone for 2 years i would have probably committed suicide.

love the gnex. battery should be better but whatever. camera sucks but whatever.

if i could keep unlimited on vzw i would probably jump on the dna. but there's no way im paying the same amt i already pay, and getting 2gbs of data. wtf is that.

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Nothing special, just some dogs with pepper jack and bbq sauce.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354138792556.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354138792556.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 13

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i was real close to getting a fascinate after the dinc but i held out for the tbolt thinking 4g would be awesome. turns out 4g isnt really that big a deal. and the phone was a POS. if i had t o keep that phone for 2 years i would have probably committed suicide.

love the gnex. battery should be better but whatever. camera sucks but whatever.

if i could keep unlimited on vzw i would probably jump on the dna. but there's no way im paying the same amt i already pay, and getting 2gbs of data. wtf is that.

It's amazing how much better the SGSIII and Galaxy Nexus are compared to the Thunderbolt. That battery on that thing would drop 40% overnight.

I can't imagine still using the ThunderBrick, which is what I'd be doing if I waited until the normal upgrade time. I'd probably be ready to get an iPhone 5. :mad:

Sent from my SGSIII

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
It's amazing how much better the SGSIII and Galaxy Nexus are compared to the Thunderbolt. That battery on that thing would drop 40% overnight.

I can't imagine still using the ThunderBrick, which is what I'd be doing if I waited until the normal upgrade time. I'd probably be ready to get an iPhone 5. :mad:

Sent from my SGSIII

i swear to god i concussed a mugger with that thing. hahahahaha jk

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
i swear to god i concussed a mugger with that thing. hahahahaha jk

That thing was a brick, especially with the extended battery. Only thing I miss about it is the kickstand, but I've gotten past that. :)

Plus, we had those outages that would kill LTE and 3G data (but just for the TBolt). The first one happened right after I rooted and installed BAMF, so I thought I had messed up my phone. By the time news of the outage broke, I had already unrooted and restored to stock. Good times.

Sent from my SGSIII

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke