[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Steelers Ravens game now. This will be a good one.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

Sometimes Google grinds my gears. I couldn't get a GPS lock in Google Maps even though GPS Status showed a lock on over 10 satellites. I assumed it was the ROM or an issue with the settings in gps.conf.

After trying a bunch of things without success, it turns out that JB has location settings in two SEPARATE places for no good reason. Enabling GPS in "Settings/Location access" applies only to non-Google apps. There is a separate option under "Settings/Google/Location settings" that needs to be activated to allow Google apps to access GPS.

Annoying and unnecessary.

Sent from my SGSIII

Last edited:

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes Google grinds my gears. I couldn't get a GPS lock in Google Maps even though GPS Status showed a lock on over 10 satellites. I assumed it was the ROM or an issue with the settings in gps.conf.

After trying a bunch of things without success, it turns out that JB has location settings in two SEPARATE places for no good reason. Enabling GPS in Settings/Location access applies only to non-Google apps. There is a separate place under Settings/Google/Location Settings that needs to be activated to allow Google apps to access GPS.

Annoying and unnecessary.

Sent from my SGSIII

That's dumb as hell.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Northwest side of Atlanta is sucking pretty bad...

Sent from the red headed stepchild of the Nexii.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1354486234139.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1354486234139.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 31

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I love having Sunday ticket. Flipping back and forth between Steelers and Broncos. Oh and drinking rum. :thumbup:

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Not looking forward to tonight/tomorrow. I have like 8 quizzes to take online before Tuesday, and the website they use is down for me right now, so I have to hope and pray that its working tonight or tomorrow so I'm not 100% screwed for my pro cooking class.

Yikes

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Kill it.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
drinking hard.
IMG_20121202_180157.jpg

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Changed my mind and cancelled the order. I'm going to wait for the Samsung version to be back in stock. Didn't like what I was seeing in the reviews.

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Ordered through Amazon for the Samsung version. I should have done that to begin with. I know how good Samsung products are. Anywho, they were out of stock but once they gets some in, I'll get an email and will get charged for one.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Changed my mind and cancelled the order. I'm going to wait for the Samsung version to be back in stock. Didn't like what I was seeing in the reviews.

Ordered through Amazon for the Samsung version. I should have done that to begin with. I know how good Samsung products are. Anywho, they were out of stock but once they gets some in, I'll get an email and will get charged for one.

Samsung one was definitely better for my desire for an instant-on web device. And I hate shiny LCD panels on notebooks. :thumbup:

Sent from my SGSIII