[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
installing a custom Rom, will that give you more free space? Like a "senseless" Rom? Since all that dumb Verizon/amazon/Google won't be on there?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
installing a custom Rom, will that give you more free space? Like a "senseless" Rom? Since all that dumb Verizon/amazon/Google won't be on there?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums
Depends on how de-crapified it is. But generally, yes.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Dinner: Custom Cajun Shrimp Alfredo, Roasted Garlic Parmesan Pull-Apart Bread and a side of Broccoli cuts.

Not bad.
uploadfromtaptalk1354847799657.jpg

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

davey11

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
In hand. :)

IMG_20121206_163633.jpg

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So 100 gigs gets you throttled?

Somewhere between 10 and 200 gets you throttled... probably closer to 200. :D But still. I don't mean slightly slower, I'm talking LTE download speeds of generally between 10 and 20 percent of my upload rate. I expected to deal with throttling, but I also expected to have usable internet for my apartment at the same time. It's disappointing.

There's also a new tower going up about 700 meters from my apartment complex with LTE panels on it. Since it's brand-new, it's likely to be a carrier other than Verizon... but it'd be awesome if it weren't.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Wow, VZW started throttling LTE users?

And how's it hangin', chatter? Haven't been in for a while. Been busier than a one-legged man in an a$$-kicking contest.

Also played a bunch of Ingress on my commutes.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Wow, VZW started throttling LTE users?

And how's it hangin', chatter? Haven't been in for a while. Been busier than a one-legged man in an a$$-kicking contest.

Also played a bunch of Ingress on my commutes.

The C-Block spectrum rulings are the ones that outlined carriers' restrictions on throttling data and discriminating against data usage scenarios (tethering, etc.). To the best of my knowledge, there is one exception which allows throttling.

If the carrier can support, by means of specific evidence, that an individual's network usage is causing significant and noticeable network strain on a single tower or network line to the point that it will likely have a detrimental or disruptive impact on other users connected through said network point, the carrier may take action to restore a balance to that network point without disrupting service to the offending user.

Don't quote me on it, but that's my understanding. I read up on this stuff for hours, both for work and for personal interest.

AppleBonker

Dag, yo!
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the explanation ^. I don't use that much data (a lot of WiFi), but I could see using more in the future. Also, I wonder how my comment below is impacting my data consumption...

Is Ingress everything that we imagine it to be?

It's addictive. Though I'm trying to power-level as much as possible before many more invites go out. Leveling seems to be a bit easier when you don't have the competing faction slowing you down. In my area, there is no competition.

My normal commute home is about 35-40 minutes. My Ingress commute home is probably in the 1.5 hour range.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21