[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Sooooo... my data keeps switching between 3g and 1x.... and now its not really sending messages 100% of the time and this is at home where i usually get all 4bars and even when i have 4 bars, it still says I'm on 1x... and now it's not wanting to send text messages even with 4 bars. And now it doesn't want to make calls .... it'll try to dial and then say call lost even with 4 BARS! >: ( can anyone help me out?!? I've even tried switching ROMs and kernels... nothing is working :(

Sent from my AOKP JB One V.

What about going back to stock and locking then unlocking the bootloader?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
So I've realized that one of the most entertaining things about flashing a new ROM to my phone is resetting the Data Usage Warning from 2GB to 175GB...

:)

Data addicts unite.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
What about going back to stock and locking then unlocking the bootloader?

So the only solution is to install the stock recovery, relock the bootloader, ruu back to stock, and then unlock the boot loader again, then root, and then flash a custom recovery again, and reinstall aokp? That is a ridiculous amount of work. What does flashing back to stock have to do with anything? Can i just restore my backup of the stock rom? I'm so lazy :p

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
So the only solution is to install the stock recovery, relock the bootloader, ruu back to stock, and then unlock the boot loader again, then root, and then flash a custom recovery again, and reinstall aokp? That is a ridiculous amount of work. What does flashing back to stock have to do with anything? Can i just restore my backup of the stock rom? I'm so lazy :p

If theirs corrupted data lying around the best way to get rid of it is to relock and unlock the boot loader since this will cause a complete wipe(is that the proper term lol) simply going back to stock recovery may work but i would say relocking and unlocking your boot loader is your best shot..

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site

I would just dl the rom again, check md5 to make sure it's good, and then do a clean install.
Dunno what the deal is with radios on the one v, but you could have a radio that your phone doesnt like and maybe you can try a different one.
i dont think you need to go back to stock, at least not as a first solution. i would do that last personally.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
If theirs corrupted data lying around the best way to get rid of it is to relock and unlock the boot loader since this will cause a complete wipe(is that the proper term lol) simply going back to stock recovery may work but i would say relocking and unlocking your boot loader is your best shot..

But if i don't go back to stock, i can't do a complete wipe through the bootloader because its a custom ROM right? Or can I? Will it harm anything? I don't know. I forgot how i did it last time...

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
But if i don't go back to stock, i can't do a complete wipe through the bootloader because its a custom ROM right? Or can I? Will it harm anything? I don't know. I forgot how i did it last time...

You wipe data, cache partition, dalvik cache, and format system in recovery, then install the rom from SD card in recovery.

That wipes everything but the SD card.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
What is this? An Advisor helping another member within the Chatter and its Android related? What a crime :p

Nice job Zero.

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I would just dl the rom again, check md5 to make sure it's good, and then do a clean install.
Dunno what the deal is with radios on the one v, but you could have a radio that your phone doesnt like and maybe you can try a different one.
i dont think you need to go back to stock, at least not as a first solution. i would do that last personally.

I've tried 4 different roms so far and nothing... and i can't use the newer radio because if i do, then i can't use jb roms... you guys are a great help. I've just tried everything and I'm about to give up... :( jb was working Just fine. And now all of a sudden, it's not.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What is this? An Advisor helping another member within the Chatter and its Android related? What a crime :p

Nice job Zero.
Hahahaha rare these days
I've tried 4 different roms so far and nothing... and i can't use the newer radio because if i do, then i can't use jb roms... you guys are a great help. I've just tried everything and I'm about to give up... :( jb was working Just fine. And now all of a sudden, it's not.

Word maybe its just some temporary thing. Doubt its the rom.

NGEFreek

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Ugh, can't sleep. I work in less than 6 hours. Work 7-1 at the bakery place and 1-9 at the arcade. Its gonna be a loooooong day :(

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, can't sleep. I work in less than 6 hours. Work 7-1 at the bakery place and 1-9 at the arcade. Its gonna be a loooooong day :(

Sent from my rooted Alltel Galaxy S2.

Step 1: put "out of order" sign on arcade game booth.
Step 2: close curtain of said booth.
Step 3: sleep.
Step 4: ???
Step 5: profit

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping it might be work going on at the towers in my area. Any way of knowing this? Haha :p

No way to know. It's hard enough to get your hands on the build-out/deployment sheets for a given region, but no way you'll get details of current activity. I've tried. You can, however, keep an eye on the towers near you and if you see anyone working on them, stop by for a sec and ask the guys what's up. They're usually pretty friendly. Bring 'em a cold drink if it's hot, or hot drink if it's cold, and I'm sure they'd give you all the info you want.

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
holy hammered...i feel like playing halo.
any of you guys up for the task? my gamer tag is Captain DUI.

Long story short (with the gamer tag)....never be stupid, get an expensive ticket and buy an Xbox the next day and pick a gamer tag.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
holy hammered...i feel like playing halo.
any of you guys up for the task? my gamer tag is Captain DUI.

Long story short (with the gamer tag)....never be stupid, get an expensive ticket and buy an Xbox the next day and pick a gamer tag.

Thank you. Lesson learned...at your expense that is. I drove literally hammered one night,I can easily say its the dumbest thing I have done in my life.

Sent from my DNA

bakerbert

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
EDIT
easy to think you are OK at the time, totally different story when something bad happens. That is a mistake i will never make again.
Currently my truck is in the bar parking lot
Every one i play Halo with calls me DUIE. Join us.... Drunken Shenanigans at its best!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995