[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
The main TV in the house is a 55 inch Samsung LCD 1080p HD
Secondary tv 42inch Panasonic plasma HD
My TV 32 inch that supports 420p HD it's something off brand but great for watching DW, top gear, ncis,psych, etc:)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Let me say this much. As a Moderator...Chatter is a..."special" place. It might not be as "special" if lots of new people decide to pop in who can't appreciate our style of...chattery.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site

Let me say this much. As a Moderator...Chatter is a..."special" place. It might not be as "special" if lots of new people decide to pop in who can't appreciate our style of...chattery.
Then you boss....move us and make us happy!

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Agreed, however given the fact, that we have so many moderators here i think, that anyone who doesn't appreciate our style can just be taken care of right? Or am i missing something?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

That did cross my mind. I think the question of "do we want new people?" is separate from the other questions of moving. Since the rest has more or less been addressed, I think you're right on the mark and one question is left:

Worth it to gamble on what new blood might cause?

I'm perfectly happy continuing on here. That way, any 'new blood' will almost certainly fit right in.

Heading out of 1x territory, check in tomorrow.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Agreed, however given the fact, that we have so many moderators here i think, that anyone who doesn't appreciate our style can just be taken care of right? Or am i missing something?

We can't just tell someone to leave, or otherwise take action, just because they have a somewhat different vision of chatter. I don't like where that road leads.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
We can't just tell someone to leave, or otherwise take action, just because they have a somewhat different vision of chatter. I don't like where that road leads.

True, didn't think about it that way.i suppose now that you mention it, that doesn't fit the chatter way..alright chatter goodnight and thanks for everything:D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I agree. Devin not being around the chatter has been a left a void in the daily conversation. I miss having his Advisor skills working the front door (Intro's and General Help & How to) which he excelled at. Can't wait until he returns.