[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Morning, chatter. Pouring down rain and 20mph winds in Seattle today. Oh well. Two days of sun was too much to ask I guess. :-\

Q9jTNUs.gif

Also, a great piece on The Verge about Google Glass:

Last edited:

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

Saw that. I plan to attend this year, seeing as last year didn't work out.

Also, question for Chatter. The username 'Lumenii' has been bugging me for a while, it's a very old one of mine and something about it has always bothered me a bit. If I were to request a quick username change, I could either go for something with 'pat'/'Pat' in it (to reflect my name), or go with 'Divinitii' ('divinity' with five 'i's, it's the username I use almost everywhere else). Thoughts?

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Also, question for Chatter. The username 'Lumenii' has been bugging me for a while, it's a very old one of mine and something about it has always bothered me a bit. If I were to request a quick username change, I could either go for something with 'pat'/'Pat' in it (to reflect my name), or go with 'Divinitii' ('divinity' with five 'i's, it's the username I use almost everywhere else). Thoughts?

I'd go with Divinitii. Especially if you use it everywhere else. I use the same name for everything too. Makes it easier.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site

Divinitii sounds good,and if it's being used basically everywhere else,then it only makes sense to adopt that username here as well..:)

Sent from Skaro

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site

i have been thinking of asking to get mine changed too, mine is just something i threw together not thinking i would become addicted to the forums since taylorz_412 is completely irrelevant to anything other than my area code and a rapper lol

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Definitely spring weather... And I was nice enough to convert it to oldschool I mean English measures :p

Sent from my rotary phone

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361572101272.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361572101272.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 13

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Metric speak? Strange how when you broke away for England you kept their measurement system... Some rebels you are :p

Annnnnnnd the metric system is so much easier. All units of 10.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Metric speak? Strange how when you broke away for England you kept their measurement system... Some rebels you are :p

You are like a very small pebble which floats...like wood...which burns...He's a witch! He's a witch!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

I like the metric system when I have to work on something foreign. Pretty easy to say I need a 12mm instead of fractions.

Sent from low Earth orbit with my Skyrocket.

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
What's does Chatter say about this? I'm not an in depth Android geek (but I'm getting there...) so I can't say that I agree. Or maybe it's just slightly different marketing up here in Canada, because Android (as opposed to Google) is alive and well.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5986229/

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I stopped reading after the second paragraph.

Android is a bunch of code provided to whoever wants to modify it, make it their own, build it, and distribute it. That's all it ever has been. To make that sound like a bad thing is absolutely ridiculous.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Ryuk6666

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
What's does Chatter say about this? I'm not an in depth Android geek (but I'm getting there...) so I can't say that I agree. Or maybe it's just slightly different marketing up here in Canada, because Android (as opposed to Google) is alive and well.

http://m.gizmodo.com/5986229/

I don't want to buy a Google... >: ( that sounds dumb.

Sent From My 4.2.1 PrimoC

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I stopped reading after the second paragraph.

Android is a bunch of code provided to whoever wants to modify it, make it their own, build it, and distribute it. That's all it ever has been. To make that sound like a bad thing is absolutely ridiculous.

I took it more as a branding thing "Google phone" rather than Android phone.... But I hear you loud and clear.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21