[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol, awesome! Much has happened today I see. I am giving props to you all for making this site awesome and not kicking me off, he he :) Well deserved indeed Lunenii! Now, we all know when I am nocturnal in here, I am a little loose lmao.....but know way can I hold the chatter nocturnal name alone, so please super mods.......wipe my banner clean because I cant figure it out. Your service is much appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERMChFryKSI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGSIII

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I'll be around at night, as usual. I don't think we'll have (m)any issues. :)

Indeed good sir:) remember when we were trying to figure out how to get rid of the chatter nocturnal badge? Well I am still trying to lol! Maybe those powers that be can help;)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Dylan isn't on the retired moderators list? But Lumenii is on top! Yeah brutha. I am out. I think a cold is trying to get me down. I trust chatter is in capable hands and capes:p

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Indeed good sir:) remember when we were trying to figure out how to get rid of the chatter nocturnal badge? Well I am still trying to lol! Maybe those powers that be can help;)

Haha I do indeed. That's on my list of things to figure out. That and my non-functioning PM 'Sent' folder.

Hey Lumenii you need a nice Moderator banner/signature.

I know, I'm working on it right now. :)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Dylan isn't on the retired moderators list? But Lumenii is on top! Yeah brutha. I am out. I think a cold is trying to get me down. I trust chatter is in capable hands and capes:p
Ops! I'll have to make sure Dylan is added.. How did we ever overlook our one and only dmmarck ?!?

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
How does one become a moderator do you volunteer or are you "the chosen one "?

I am the chosen one.

In short, the team was considering a new moderator. My name came up, they talked among themselves, they talked to me, it happened. ;) Speaking of which, I put the image together for my signature. Fully vectored, did it myself over the past couple hours. What do we think?

Badge.png

Decided to re-use the title badge in the signature because I didn't quite like how the 'moderator' text looked.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Update:

dmmarck (Dylan) was added to the retired moderator list :D

FWIW, got out to my wife tonight and our truck.... Got the damn thing jumped and running we thought it was good to go and she turned the heater on and boom it died out.. Never could get the battery to take a jump after that so we left it parked at the local mall tonight. Told security so they knew it was there plus there's a dozen or two snow plows running around so I'm not worried about it being left there. Come back tomorrow and throw a new battery in it and bring her home...

Freakin vehicles!

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Update:

dmmarck (Dylan) was added to the retired moderator list :D

FWIW, got out to my wife tonight and our truck.... Got the damn thing jumped and running we thought it was good to go and she turned the heater on and boom it died out.. Never could get the battery to take a jump after that so we left it parked at the local mall tonight. Told security so they knew it was there plus there's a dozen or two snow plows running around so I'm not worried about it being left there. Come back tomorrow and throw a new battery in it and bring her home...

Freakin vehicles!

Alternator? Or is the battery old enough to be dead?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'll figure that part out tomorrow... I'm guessing battery (2nd battery since new) right now since its a few years old and it takes a beating with the remote starter and alarm system on it. Given the mileage about 135,000 on it the alternator could be a player too so first thing is to get a fresh battery in it regardless and then when I get home I can get my tester on it and check the volts coming out of the alternator.

Its a 2005 Ford Expedition 4X4.. Been a great vehicle with a few little exceptions that the extended warranty package (thank god!) took care of for us...

It had a tranny seal, front diff seals and needed the top half of the engine cracked open two years ago.. Premature breakdown of some valve guide seals and it was letting oil bypass and caused some crazy crap to go on.. In the end Ford covered us with a full rebuild on the tranny because they had it cracked open to replace the seals then they rebuilt the entire upper half of the engine on that last deal which was a unknown premature major seal failure.

The diff seals going is a common deal with 4X4's.. Seems like regardless of what you do I've always seen 4X4's showing a little leakage after some time....

Telling ya if you ever have considered buying into one of those extended full coverage warranties its well worth it when something like we had comes up.. We paid $50 deductable on those repairs and the engine/tranny work was well over $10,000 in parts and labor charges that the warranty covered ;)

I know you maybe saying WTF! But when you have $40 grand tied up into the family vehicle to haul the kids and crap around its not like you can just go dump it and get another vehicle.. Until recently the only vehicle's that hauled 7 people legally (seat belts, etc...) was an Expedition and Suburban otherwise it was full size van... Mini vans cut out at 6 people on just about any American models.. I will never own a foreign make so I wouldn't know if they have vehicles that handle 7+ people. I wanted a Suburban but that was almost another $10 grand for the same options as we got with the Expedition...

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
so good.

9099009426418.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital