[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Kinda of a light lunch for a hospital day for me..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362073554247.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362073554247.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 24

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Sup chatter.! Just stumbled upon this image today felt I needed to share, I'm a huge Morgan Freeman fan

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362083276972.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362083276972.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 16

ipitytheblue

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I know this is the wrong place to be asking questions but I'm sort of at a loss here and any answers/redirections would be terrific. This is the most recently active thread...

Just rooted/installed CWM 6.0.1.0 through the only Gnex toolkit I could find for Mac and it went well. Created nandroid backup. Added AOPK and GApps to zip and installed them. Good so far? AOPK boot loops for 30 minutes without doing anything. Try it again with no success. Boot to recovery and try to restore nandroid but it doesn't find any file. Friend suggests that a newer version of CWM would help.

So here's the question: how do I install a new version of CWM (I have 6.0.2.3 downloaded) when the only thing I can boot into is fastboot/recovery? And keep in mind, I'm on a mac. Thanks!

(trying not to panic)

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I know this is the wrong place to be asking questions but I'm sort of at a loss here and any answers/redirections would be terrific. This is the most recently active thread...

Just rooted/installed CWM 6.0.1.0 through the only Gnex toolkit I could find for Mac and it went well. Created nandroid backup. Added AOPK and GApps to zip and installed them. Good so far? AOPK boot loops for 30 minutes without doing anything. Try it again with no success. Boot to recovery and try to restore nandroid but it doesn't find any file. Friend suggests that a newer version of CWM would help.

So here's the question: how do I install a new version of CWM (I have 6.0.2.3 downloaded) when the only thing I can boot into is fastboot/recovery? And keep in mind, I'm on a mac. Thanks!

(trying not to panic)
Your in luck.you happen to be using a nexus device so from your bootloader using fastboot you can flash a new recovery, factory images, etc directly to the device. Then reboot and bingo your up and moving again.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Oh and don't worry about posting your question in here. Your in the correct section of the forums for your device and even though this is a social thread many of the experienced Gnex rooted users hang out in here and are willing to lend a helping hand ;-)

ipitytheblue

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Oh and don't worry about posting your question in here. Your in the correct section of the forums for your device and even though this is a social thread many of the experienced Gnex rooted users hang out in here and are willing to lend a helping hand ;-)

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't be inexcusable. We have chat threads on my usual board as well.

So, how do I use the fastboot to flash a new recovery?

eta: nevermind. Did a factory reset through CWM and then rebooted AOPK and it actually worked. So at least I have a phone, haha.

Last edited:

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Alright i discovered three pictures that i have to share here is the first..(i can't share the whole gallery due to one picture)
J2yT5sE.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair