[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Someone buy me a new nexus 7..please. Lol. Anyways if 4.3 fixes the "lag"(i'm not getting any lag,but whatever) and improves the battery life on my nexus 7 i might be able to deal with not being able to upgrade

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
A little bit of a n00b question here but can i flash the stock firmware while being unlocked/rooted on my nexus 7?

If you have a custom recovery there is a slight risk of it trying to "correct" your system recovery while flashing an OTA. It's very unlikely to fail or cause a boot loop, etc. Other choices are creating a complete build directly from Google and then re-rooting the device and/or waiting for someone to post a flashable pre-rooted .zip version.

nexusisneecesary

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
If you have a custom recovery there is a slight risk of it trying to "correct" your system recovery while flashing an OTA. It's very unlikely to fail or cause a boot loop, etc. Other choices are creating a complete build directly from Google and then re-rooting the device and/or waiting for someone to post a flashable pre-rooted .zip version.
Okay,so i can simply go ahead and flash stock 4.2.2 and then wait to sideload 4.3?