[Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Oh man! How did I not notice this sooner? Here's a couple of shots of our critters. Buddy (the first pic) unfortunately passed away last fall. He was such a great little friend. Bean (the bigger one) is still with us and pops in and out of my office from time to time to say hello :)

As you can see, Buddy loved to sit in the sun... Bean enjoys watching TV lol

View attachment 254569

View attachment 254570
I'm so sorry that you've lost Buddy. 😞

Bean looks so cool watching his favourite programme. 😊

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
What's up ChatterHeads ? :)
Spring was here but left again :D
Tuesday it was in the 80's, Wednesday was in the low 60's and today will be in the 50's.
I'm ready for the sudden weather temps to stop,, with the wide temperature swings for the daily highs :)

Hope all is going good for everyone .
Not much going on here ,will be doing some remodeling on the shower/tub/plumbing/ before my annual road trip

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
So after a very long time I decided to listen to some music. And I decided to do a little experiment.

Disclaimer: This is a very non-scientific method. YMMV.

Devices used for the experiment:
Xiaomi Mi Note 2
Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
Google Pixel

Bose on ear SoundLink headphones

Music played from YouTube app

Songs played
Daft Punk - Get Lucky
Coldplay - Hymn for the weekend
Kaskade - 4 AM (Adam K & Soha Remix)
The Chainsmokers - Closer ft Hasley
Hindi songs - Tamma Tamma again (knock off of Mori Kanye Yeke Yeke)

Best audio output at roughly same volume output level was, at least to my ears, Google Pixel which was quite surprising to say the least.

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge was second best IMO. The bass seemed to be turned up a tad bit higher than the Pixel which seemed to sound the most natural to my ears.

The Xiaomi turned in the most flat and lackluster performance, which was contrary to my prior experience with Xiaomi devices..For this trial it should be noted that I didn't turn ON the special headphones effects from the settings menu. With the menu settings tweaked the Mi Note 2 did quite well but that is like comparing Ben Johnson to Usain Bolt so...

All in all another pleasant surprise for the Pixel. This thing is turning out to be a keeper.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Chatter] "Where everybody knows your name ..."

My Pixel just up and died on me last night. One minute it was fine, then I went to pick it up and it was completely dead. Wasn't the battery. I'm very sad. Google was nice and did not hesitate to send me another one, but it won't be here until Tuesday at the earliest.

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

My Pixel just up and died on me last night. One minute it was fine, then I went to pick it up and it was completely dead. Wasn't the battery. I'm very sad. Google was nice and did not hesitate to send me another one, but it won't be here until Tuesday at the earliest.
That's a bummer. Hope you have a backup device until then.

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

That's a bummer. Hope you have a backup device until then.

I don't, which is unusual for me! But good news, I actually got it to power on! I held the power button for like 30 seconds and it worked. I have no idea what that was all about, but crisis over! I am going to pick up a backup device today, not sure what I'll get.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm sorry to hear that. 😞

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I'm so sorry that happened to you! But I'm so glad that a replacement is coming your way - hopefully soon!

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Couple of nice pictures from Santa Barbara.
2e651f9926d38c8329c385930ad0ebbd.jpg

453dd6249e645460fdb60e0c9233a351.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza