Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean?
05-10-2012 09:50 AM
- 03-08-2012 02:18 PM
- Look on ICS coming in i guess al those base ICS phones will get update for sure, i really hope Samsung will continue to update GS2, i ant to update without messing up. Btw from where you hear Jelly Beans will be 5.0, i would not expect much dramatic changes as ICS, i expect it to be numbered 4.103-13-2012 03:32 PM
- Paul627gAC Moderator All-StarDoes it really matter? ICS is only on the Galaxy Nexus and a tablet or two at this point in the US. Were already getting Jellybean talk shoved in our faces and they haven't even done anything with ICS. Its almost like Google isn't even trying to do anything with ICS, lets just blow by it and go straight into Android 5.0... What signal is this sending?
Starting to be too much, too fast and the consumers are getting stuck with the bill in their pocket trying to keep up with technology that outdates itself every 5 minutes. Its bad for the consumers and I can't imagine being on the application development front trying to keep up with the changes... What a nightmare....03-14-2012 11:43 PMLike 1
- Your right. I hate having to buy a phone that is outdated every two years. I wish the the updates would go to all Android phones. Kinda like iPhone does for their phone. I guess that's how they keep the phone companies going though.
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!03-15-2012 10:24 AM
- Fore sure the Galaxy Nexus. Do I even care about Jelly Bean? Not at this point. It's too early to tell if it will be a game changer or if it will be a release to further balance ICS. ICS was packed with so much that I can't see Google totaling re-working the OS for Jelly Bean.
Until then, I'll be content with my Epic 4G Touch running CM9 builds.03-15-2012 11:45 AM
- cheese and rice guys, really??
1st of all, stop calling it jelly bean...theyre gonna call it jello pudding...actually scratch that, google is gonna buy out oracle and call the new os java
since thats settled...moving on to business
ios6 is already planned to release this year with whatever new fruit phone. obvi its gonna be "revolutionary" as it was steve jobs "last and final masterpiece"
google is going to bust out android 5.0 to compete with it and majority of the phones in todays market will end up having ics or honeycomb at that point.
as for an update to ics....4.05, really?? were at 4.02 and theyre gonna wait this long for some measly update to go to 4.05...watch and see04-11-2012 11:44 PM
- Phones that will most definitely get the upgrade.
Galaxy S2 lines and S3, (S4 coming soon)
All HTC released in late 2011 to 2012
All Droids(Razr etc.) released in late 2011 to 2012
In fact most Android Phones that are Made in late 2011 coming to 2012 will get the upgrade, Especially Top Brands like HTC,Samsung, and Motorola.
I have the Galaxy s2 Epic Touch 4g and am already running Android 4.0 that samsung put up as an update OTA. So I believe most of these phones will get the update.
Now lets talk about the phones that will need root to get the update.
-Note, I have a Droid Eris from 2007 running CM7 Android 2.3.7
All the Galaxy S1 lines-most likely-(i have the galaxy s epic 4g running CM9)
HTC Evo 4g(maybe), shift,design, and 3D
Droid 2 and a few others
Most likely all android phones that has developers working on it will receive the update.
-Themer and Dev from Xda-developers.com04-29-2012 12:46 PM
- Whoa....slow down there buddy. Let's first focus on ICS rolling out. Plus not many phones will get past ICS thanks to carriers and manufacturers. Why would they update your fairly new devices to the latest os version if that will hinder a sale by those that want/need the update for the phone to run smoothly (g2x..<cough>). Your phone running smoothly on the latest os is not in their economic best interest. Google has no say in this. I realized this two days ago. Dropped the pos g2x and got an blocked gnex. The moment a new android version is released, the nexus owners will get it pretty quick. Everyone with a non nexus phone will have to wait till their carrier and device manufacturer get done with their "extensive testing" of the new os to make sure you all have a pleasant user experience. What a load of ...,,...@"$$;. So I would not get my hopes up that high on any current non nexus device even getting a sniff of jb or klp.04-30-2012 06:49 PM
- I'll toss my two cents into the psychic wishing well and make some guesses.
Galaxy Nexus of course gets it fairly quickly. Probably a couple months after the next Nexus phone, if not earlier.
I imagine phones coming this fall and winter will be next up to get it probably about 6 months after Jelly Bean arrives. Phones from spring and summer of 2012 hopefully will be on the list, but their wait is even longer, probably 10+ months after Jelly Bean's release. Anything from 2011 will be damn lucky to get it I think.
Manufactures are just pumping out so many new models so frequently and so many variations of the same model. They've proven they really can't support phones for very long as priorities shift to newer products. Not only do you need to hope your manufacture does the update, but also the carrier. It's almost like waiting for lightning to strike twice.
I'd be really shocked if any US carrier releases Jelly Bean on a Galaxy S 2 product ever. Ya'll are gonna need a custom ROM for that.05-09-2012 05:02 PM
- Android Central Community
- General News & Discussion
Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD