Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean?

Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean (Android 5.0)? And mabye even tell us which phones u think will be able to grasp on and receive the so called Android 6.0 Key Lime Pie. Tell us in the comments below

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

Global Posts
    951 Global Posts

Default Re: Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean?

Really? Ice cream sandwich just started coming out and I'm sure most phones now won't have the right amount of ram or some other BS to run it. Plus by time it comes out we will be on the droid 6 and razr maxxx 3D lol

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by anthony32127 View Post
    Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean (Android 5.0)? And mabye even tell us which phones u think will be able to grasp on and receive the so called Android 6.0 Key Lime Pie. Tell us in the comments below

Sent from my T-Mobile G2
    I'm not sure of the names, since most of them haven't been announced yet.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Galaxy Nexus, RAZR, maybe Rezound, definitely the new HTCs (although that'll take a while for Sense 5.0).

Past that? Crap shoot at BEST.

Well we can say a final word only when it is finally launched. I believe most of the phone will be in a need to upgrade their ram as well as other BS. However, I don't think it will have any considerable new features besides gilittering graphics changes.

I have a rather different view on your question. in my opinion the Razr/Razr Maxx will get Jelly Bean (Android 5.0).

Look on ICS coming in i guess al those base ICS phones will get update for sure, i really hope Samsung will continue to update GS2, i ant to update without messing up. Btw from where you hear Jelly Beans will be 5.0, i would not expect much dramatic changes as ICS, i expect it to be numbered 4.1

If it comes out toward the end of the year like some of the rumors I've heard then the Evo 3d will most likely get jellybean.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

Does it really matter? ICS is only on the Galaxy Nexus and a tablet or two at this point in the US. Were already getting Jellybean talk shoved in our faces and they haven't even done anything with ICS. Its almost like Google isn't even trying to do anything with ICS, lets just blow by it and go straight into Android 5.0... What signal is this sending?

Starting to be too much, too fast and the consumers are getting stuck with the bill in their pocket trying to keep up with technology that outdates itself every 5 minutes. Its bad for the consumers and I can't imagine being on the application development front trying to keep up with the changes... What a nightmare....
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Thanked by:

Your right. I hate having to buy a phone that is outdated every two years. I wish the the updates would go to all Android phones. Kinda like iPhone does for their phone. I guess that's how they keep the phone companies going though.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk!

ROM
    Speed Rom Jellybean

Of the existing phones, probably only the Galaxy Nexus. I think most current phones wont go higher than ICS (officially anyway).

Global Posts
    6,754 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Fore sure the Galaxy Nexus. Do I even care about Jelly Bean? Not at this point. It's too early to tell if it will be a game changer or if it will be a release to further balance ICS. ICS was packed with so much that I can't see Google totaling re-working the OS for Jelly Bean.

Until then, I'll be content with my Epic 4G Touch running CM9 builds.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

i think it's still too early to speculate. but hope we get some jelly bean action on June.

Its about 6 months too early for this topic. Nexus 4 will have it. Thats also a long way away though.
    AC Citizen

ROM
    Cm7/Cm9/Cm10

Maybe the galaxy nexus or the note

Sent from futuristic optimus s

cheese and rice guys, really??

1st of all, stop calling it jelly bean...theyre gonna call it jello pudding...actually scratch that, google is gonna buy out oracle and call the new os java

since thats settled...moving on to business

ios6 is already planned to release this year with whatever new fruit phone. obvi its gonna be "revolutionary" as it was steve jobs "last and final masterpiece"

google is going to bust out android 5.0 to compete with it and majority of the phones in todays market will end up having ics or honeycomb at that point.

as for an update to ics....4.05, really?? were at 4.02 and theyre gonna wait this long for some measly update to go to 4.05...watch and see

Global Posts
    1,029 Global Posts
    ROM
    Sabsa Prime ICS

Quote Originally Posted by shaytoon21 View Post
    majority of the phones in todays market will end up having ics or honeycomb at that point.
    Phones don't run Honeycomb.

Quote Originally Posted by pazzo02 View Post
    Phones don't run Honeycomb.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A[/YT]
    Banned

ROM
    Reflash Miui every2-3days

The HTC G1 !!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Really? I'm not sure about the names.

Wink Re: Which phones do you guys think will get Jelly Bean?

Phones that will most definitely get the upgrade.

Galaxy S2 lines and S3, (S4 coming soon)

All HTC released in late 2011 to 2012

All Droids(Razr etc.) released in late 2011 to 2012

In fact most Android Phones that are Made in late 2011 coming to 2012 will get the upgrade, Especially Top Brands like HTC,Samsung, and Motorola.

I have the Galaxy s2 Epic Touch 4g and am already running Android 4.0 that samsung put up as an update OTA. So I believe most of these phones will get the update.

Now lets talk about the phones that will need root to get the update.
    -Note, I have a Droid Eris from 2007 running CM7 Android 2.3.7

All the Galaxy S1 lines-most likely-(i have the galaxy s epic 4g running CM9)

HTC Evo 4g(maybe), shift,design, and 3D

Droid 2 and a few others

Most likely all android phones that has developers working on it will receive the update.

-Themer and Dev from Xda-developers.com

Global Posts
    3,118 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

For sure, the Nexus of this year will get it, along with Galaxy Nexus. And subsequently everything slightly before and after...as usual.

ROM
    Whatever google wants...

Whoa....slow down there buddy. Let's first focus on ICS rolling out. Plus not many phones will get past ICS thanks to carriers and manufacturers. Why would they update your fairly new devices to the latest os version if that will hinder a sale by those that want/need the update for the phone to run smoothly (g2x..<cough>). Your phone running smoothly on the latest os is not in their economic best interest. Google has no say in this. I realized this two days ago. Dropped the pos g2x and got an blocked gnex. The moment a new android version is released, the nexus owners will get it pretty quick. Everyone with a non nexus phone will have to wait till their carrier and device manufacturer get done with their "extensive testing" of the new os to make sure you all have a pleasant user experience. What a load of ...,,...@"$$;. So I would not get my hopes up that high on any current non nexus device even getting a sniff of jb or klp.

Of the smartphones currently released? The Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The next installment in the Google Nexus series will obviously be the first to have Android 5.0.

I guess Samsung Galaxy Nexus will be the first one who will receive Jellybean .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast