Qualcomm Dual Core Snap Dragon is here!

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Qualcomm has issued a press release revealing it has started shipping new dual-core Snapdragon chipsets. These chipsets run each core at up to 1.2GHz, include a GPU that supports 2D/3D acceleration engines for Open GLES 2.0 and Open VG 1.1, 1080p video encode/decode, dedicated low-power audio engine, integrated low-power GPS, and support for 24-bit WXGA 1280x800 resolution displays. These chipsets come in two variants, the MSM8260 for HSPA+ and the MSM8660 for multi-mode HSPA+/CDMA2000 1xEV-DO Rev B. The press release also lists QSD8672 as a third-gen chipset like the two mentioned, but doesn't go into any detail of what its role is. With this announcement of shipping chipsets, how long until HTC makes a super smartphone?

Ah yeah, the series of HTC phones coming out now are already old news. Can't wait for these to hit the market!

Here's the full press release:
Qualcomm News and Events ?€“ Press Releases ?€“ Qualcomm Ships First Dual-CPU Snapdragon Chipset

Just noticed the press release was put out 6/1/2010 but slashdot just had it on their page today?!

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
From what I have read, we won't be seeing devices with this until next year. Until then, the high-end will be the new snapdragon 1.5 GHz.

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ya i don't think any of these are coming out soon but i don't know if it will be as long as next year. i could even see something like this coming out around the holidays. there was something i came across at gizmodo a while back saying that it could be in select devices by the end of this year. the problem with things like this is that dates change but it sure would be nice :D

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Until the batteries can keep up with what we currently have these better processors aren't much good.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
It always makes me wonder... What can my Evo do game-wise? Cause those specs up there show separate GPU for 3d acceleration.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae