Is the Galaxy Note too big?

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I personally believe it is. It's just not a practical device to carry around from day to day in my eyes. Fits more in the tablet realm.

pmjj

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I would even consider a larger screen if one was available, alas I just have to wait for it to hit Sprint! lol

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Personally, it is not big enough.

Back before I had a smartphone, I carried a phone, PDA, mp3 player, and sometimes a small camera. I was like Batman with my utility belt. Once I got my first BlackBerry, I was able to leave most of those behind (although my 8830 didn't have a camera). I can even do more now with my SGS than any of the BBs I had since then.

But now, I carry my SGS, and my 10.1" gTablet. The tablet gets used a lot more than my phone these days. It might be a little too big, but I would really prefer being back to carrying just one device. My wife has a 7" tablet. If it had telephony capabilities, that would be perfect for me. I always use a headset when I'm on the phone (I'm either taking notes, using the calendar, or looking something up), so I wouldn't feel like someone from the '70s with a huge boombox on my shoulder.

I already do Skype and GrooveIP on my tablet for calls while on wifi. Having full phone functionality on a tablet would be great. I'd be happy to leave the 4" screen behind.

Sent from my GTablet using Tapatalk 2

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's too big. It's not a phone, it's what would happen if a tablet and a brick were genetically spliced together. Kudos to Samsung for going in a different direction, but I don't see this as being anything more than a weird niche.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree, way too big to use as an everyday phone. I look at it as a small tablet that can make/receive phone calls. My 4.3 inch Inspire is about the max that I'm comfortable with. (Also love that it's just about the same overall size as a 3.5"-screened iPhone:p)

garrim85

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Just played with one the other day, the size is totally fine to me. Yeah, it's huge for what we are used to when it comes to phones, but is marketed to be a phone and tablet, which it is. It's actually funny, over the years everyone has wanted to make their devices as thin as possible, and now we have all these really thin phones but the screens are getting bigger and bigger.

davidnzs

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess it's not for everyone. Some people are very happy carrying their Note around all day. I prefer smaller phones, though. Galaxy Nexus size is perfect for me!

Moonbase0ne

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Took a little getting used to but after about a week of using it, no, it's not too big at all.

I am thinking my next phone will most definitely be around the same size. At least, screen size. The S pen comes in handy too. I use it regularly as a phone with and without a Bluetooth headset. And the google maps Navigation looks and works great on it. It fits in my pocket no problem.

But it's definitely not for everyone. I recommend checking it out in person at a store first, and even then, after you by it, it takes getting used too.

Definitely not for everyone.

Reactions: Ntchwaidumela

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
not a practical device to carry around from day to day in my eyes.

There's your trouble. I carry mine in my pocket.

But seriously, I don't understand all these threads trying to discount the Note for its size. The 'Is it to big' question has been asked to death. HP got the opposite question about the Veer being to small. Its choice folks. One size does not fit all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Hugeass Phone using Android Central Forums

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
There's your trouble. I carry mine in my pocket.

But seriously, I don't understand all these threads trying to discount the Note for its size. The 'Is it to big' question has been asked to death. HP got the opposite question about the Veer being to small. Its choice folks. One size does not fit all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Hugeass Phone using Android Central Forums

I don't see how its a problem that I feel it isn't practical. I mean it works for a niche market of people, I'm just not in it.

Sent from my HTC One S

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed