Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

Default EVO outsold original iPhone, Droid and Incredible

EVO sold 320K according to analysts on DAY 1.
    Original iPhone sold 250K in first 2-3 days
    Moto Droid sold 100K first 3 days, 250K first week
    Droid Incredible sold 100K in first 2 days

EVO possibly outsold iPhone1, Moto Droid and Droid Inc combined on first day.

Sprint needs to put that word out if the EVO estimates are on target. So should Android Central.

Edit: Estimates for EVO have been reduced to about 150K units the first day. That's still more than either Droids and possibly more than first iPhone.

Original Sources:
    Sprint Says Evo 4G Phone Breaks One-Day Sales Record (Update3) - BusinessWeek
    http://gigaom.com/2010/04/05/ipad-vs...the-iphone-3g/
    http://gigapple.files.wordpress.com/...ng?w=550&h=340
    Droid Does: 250,000 Sales in First Week
    Verizon Can't Keep Up with Demand for HTC Droid Incredible
    Last edited by xenophon; 06-12-2010 at 04:27 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,197 Global Posts

That's pretty interesting. Sprint should use that information in their commercials for the Evo 4G.

Global Posts
    280 Global Posts

Damn Right! I'm so happy for Sprint. They get pooped on all the time and it blows! I'v been with them for 4 years and have ZERO complaints! hey Sprint, if you are listening. Thank You for a great device and great service!

Droid incredible is really disappointing, it doesn't even have sd card, bunch of my apps didn't work, i ended up using my eris...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts

The numbers may have been overstated, but it's still not clear. Is it 2xPalm + 6x Instinct or one or the other? Bottom line, they sold out in under 5 days. They made a mistake not manufacturing enough.

Sprint: First-Day Sales Of Evo Smartphone Were Overstated - WSJ.com

I read that Palm Pre produced 15K units a day at peak. I wonder how many Evos can be produced in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by hulksmash View Post
    Droid incredible is really disappointing, it doesn't even have sd card, bunch of my apps didn't work, i ended up using my eris...
    Whaaa? Verizon gave all the Incredible users free MicroSD cards.. I've never run into an app that didn't work, and the Incredible blows the Eris outta the water.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.

Go read the specs before making a fool of yourself:
    HTC Mobile Phones - DROID INCREDIBLE Verizon - Overview

Quote Originally Posted by OlDeST View Post
    Damn Right! I'm so happy for Sprint. They get pooped on all the time and it blows! I'v been with them for 4 years and have ZERO complaints! hey Sprint, if you are listening. Thank You for a great device and great service!
    I'm with you. Been with sprint for 5 years and have loved every minute. I get service where others do not, Good data plans and they always have the phone I want.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

Obviously you do not own an Incredible or have no clue how to use it. Better check your box because the sd card is in there or they put it in for you at a store if you bought brick and mortar. How about a list of the "bunch of apps" that don't work. My guess is you probably only use first gen games that were ported and buggy to begin with.
    -----------------------------------------------
    The brightest Thunder-Bolt is elicited from the darkest Storm. Charles Caleb Colton ...
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,393 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM 7 / Incredikernel .37

guys settle down. please lets keep this on topic and not bash each other.

Im really happy for sprint for these sales (ps. I highly doubt its as low as 150k) id say it was from 250k to 320k, it was so ridiculous that sprints system were overloaded from so many activations. Glad they finally have a winner worthy of all the hype

Their original estimates for sales were way inflated.
    http://www.androidcentral.com/sprint...ease-shortages

"Sprint didn't actually give any numbers (we've had retailers unofficially give us estimates between 25,000 and 50,000, and the developer of Radar Now! estimates as many as 45,000 to 60,000 devices activated over the weekend."

I am surprised they didn't have more in stock considering how long ago the Evo was announced compared to phones like the Inc (which is still pretty much impossible to find).
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

W
    Quote Originally Posted by OlDeST View Post
    Agreed!