Sprint Wimax Speed Increase

kryptalivian

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I was bored at work today, and decided to run a speed test. I was shocked to find that my speeds increased from 6 mbps to about 16. The last speed test I reached1808.2 KB/s down and 190.9 KB/s up. One last bit of information on this is I only had one Wimax Bar. Any Ideas? I haven't heard anything about Sprint increasing Wimax Speeds recently.

Last edited:

NateBoii

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
good bit of info, glad to hear they are trying to fix things. but when lte drops, im so done with wimax, unless they can get wimax to top lte.

541rrhse

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I was bored at work today, and decided to run a speed test. I was shocked to find that my speeds increased from 6 mbps to about 16. The last speed test I reached1808.2 KB/s down and 190.9 KB/s up. One last bit of information on this is I only had one Wimax Bar. Any Ideas? I haven't heard anything about Sprint increasing Wimax Speeds recently.
I've had WiMAX for the last 3.5yrs in one capacity or another via Clear and Sprint dongle or Overdrive and EVO up until the new EVO now. I never saw the speeds really slow down and didn't need much of a signal at all. But I also read somewhere you don't need much of a signal on LTE either...who knows.

ajonesma

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I know when I was on Verizon I was getting about 20mbps with a low signal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance