Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 7" Google Android 2.1 tablet for 89$ please any advices?

Hello,
    I looking to buy cheap tablet. I found this one 7" Google Android 2.1 VIA8505+ ARM926EJ /400MHZ WIFI Carema Tablet PC with RJ-45 LAN interface convertor
    So the problem is I dont know very much about the tablets. I dont understand specifications and etc.
    I know here most of the people are really good with these tablets so my question is Is it worth to buy this tablet?
    I know the most tablets are much more expensive.
    My budget is 100$

Thank you for the responses in advance!

Marlene

Default Re: 7" Google Android 2.1 tablet for 89$ please any advices?

Id look a bit harder 400mhz is terrible im sure you could find a 1ghz for 100
    trter10-imore likes this.

You really do get what you pay for.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Android 2.1 ?!?!?!?!? Seriously? That's a non-starter. Most apps aren't compatable with 2.1. Android 2.2 or higher is the current standard for developing an app that works for anyone.

Personally I wouldn't buy a tablet that doesn't at least have Honeycomb on it (Android 3.0 or higher). In my opinion Gingerbread (and froyo,eclair, etc) doesn't translate well onto a big screen. But for $100 your options will be very limited.

I just did a google shopping search for "Android tablet" and picked "less than $150" and I found this one. ARNOVA 7 G2 4 GB - Android 2.3 1 GHz This is still a pretty low end tablet, but it's much better than the one you asked about (Android 2.3 and a 1GHz processor). Hopefully something like this will meet your needs.
    trter10-imore likes this.
    ThunderboltTool Developer

Carrier
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

I'd say to wait and save some more cash.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

you should check this tablet out. For $99 ICS, and a lot of cool features.
    7" Trio Stealth Pro Tablet- Mach Speed-Computers & Electronics-Laptops-Tablets
    ThunderboltTool Developer

Carrier
    Liquid JB v2.1 Alpha6

One of the Sony 7" is on sale for $120

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Carrier
    BOBZ CM9

I got eee pad transformer. Its good no compliants, its a 10" screen and running 4.0 for $300. Runs smooth and no lag. With a big. Chip

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums