stucked camera on HTC Desire

Gianko

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi everybody,
I have an HTC Desire with Oxygen 2.3.2
Recently (and suddenly) the camera did not work anymore.
When I start it (via app) I see nothing but a black screen and I can't do anything, I must click on the "home" button to return on the homepage.
Morevoer, I noticed that the camera is always "on"; I cannot use it because when I open it I see just a black screen, but the camera remains "on" and i can't turn it off!
I know that because since I had this problem my battery lasts just four or five hours (from full charge!).
I downloaded "betterbatterystats" to have a confirmation of the process that was mostly using my battery (it always shows the process "msm_camera_awake").
Do u have any idea how to fix it?
I've alrealdy tried to reboot and nothing happened...
My last option is to flash the rom again...
Thanks in advance!

Ps: I posted my problem also in the "htc Desire" section, but maybe it's more an "hardware" issue...

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
try clearing the data from just the camera app
next you can try to download a different camera from the market to see if it is possibly hardware.
Next clear all data (do a backup first so you do not lose anything)
finally flash the ROM again

Hopefully you will not get to the last two, but there you go in a nutshell

PS: you shouldnt post the same thing in more than one forum.

Reactions: Gianko

Gianko

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Next clear all data (do a backup first so you do not lose anything)

Sorry for the double posting, I was not sure what was the better section...

Anyway, I've already tried to clear data from the camera app, and I've also tried to use another "camera app" as well (like Instagram, Google Goggles,...), and nothing changed, so I think it's a problem about the hardware.

What do u mean with "clear all data"? How can i do that?

Gianko

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Nothing to do, even with HDR... I think it's the final confirmation that it's an hardware problem :(
At this point I'm not sure I can fix it with a factory reset or a new flashing... but I'll try, it's my only hope.
Thanks for your help anyway.