Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default RAZR MAXX best selling phone on Verizon

Apple: William Blair Unfazed as iPhone Slips at Verizon - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com

"Since Apple’s iPhone launch in North America, we believe this was the first quarter where the iPhone was not the best‐selling smartphone at a North American mobile operator (where it was available). While Apple continued to maintain its top position at AT&T and Sprint, Motorola’s Droid RAZR MAXX was the best‐ selling smartphone at Verizon. Our checks also indicate that at this stage consumers are not pausing in front of the iPhone launch as it is not influencing their purchasing decisions (but we expect it to start impacting over the next couple of months). Despite the "increased competitive landscape from 4G devices (and the iPhone 4S is not 4G)," Doradia is "not worried" as the next iPhone model, a true 4G phone, "will be an important catalyst for the company," he believes."

Battery life does matter. OEMs need to take notice. Also, I really like the direction Moto is going with their new designs. I think Google is going to be able to do some amazing things with Moto's engineering and Google's software design.
    Droid MAXX and iPad 4. Best combo.

Default Re: RAZR MAXX best selling phone on Verizon

The Max will be my last upgrade. Was waiting for the DROID HD but want to keep unlimited data.
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,301 Global Posts

Speculation without numbers, but awesome if true.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,301 Global Posts

I have to believe that the DROID RAZR and DROID RAZR MAXX are being counted together.

I don't neccessarily believe that they are being counted together. I see so many Razr Maxx's around. People are getting them because of the massive battery! I almost went for it, but jumped ship instead.

Just got my MAXX two weeks ago with renewal of my Verizon contract. The large battery and old data plan did the trick. On paper the Samsung Galaxy S3 may look better but the MAXX does it all. I have seen side by side reviews of the S3 and the MAXX. Even with Gingerbread the MAXX is excellent where it counts (for me). In particular the formatting and resizing of text within a browser window is works better for the MAXX. I do a lot of research on the webb and being able to read the text content is critical. In a few days I will have ICS. The newer features of ICS will be nice but are not likely to make a large difference (for me). I am not big on the social sites or games. The web browsing, access to news feeds and the performance of my financial software on the MAXX are important. The performance of the MAXX far exceed my previous DROID X2. I have owned a string of Motorola phones starting with the original RAZR. I have not had any reliability problems. I am a very heavy user and the big battery is a major benefit.
    Last edited by nghy; 06-26-2012 at 05:44 PM. Reason: expand ideas

ROM
    ?

I agree this is the best phone I've ever owned. It's nice to have a phone and not worry about battery life. Ginger bread works great for me. When i got my Samsung nexus with ICS I had so many issues I was pulling my hair out :banghead: glad to see the RAZR MAXX on top

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Ry

Global Posts
    8,301 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ajonesma View Post
    I don't neccessarily believe that they are being counted together. I see so many Razr Maxx's around. People are getting them because of the massive battery! I almost went for it, but jumped ship instead.
    Looking at the graphic on CNN/Fortune, the March listing says "Motorola DROID RAZR/RAZR MAXX".

I got the RAZR Maxx because of the battery and durable build feel. It was between that and the Casio commando (yes I know performance wise they do not compare). I didn't want an iPhone because I already had an iPhone with AT&T and didn't want to pay for another one.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2