Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pmoser
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I'm so pissed at apple!

    [YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBDFILJ8tkM&feature=player_embedded#![/YT]

    I'm a Us-Iranian citizen and seeing apple to refuse to sell to US-Iranian people is so racist!
    I'm a US citizen as well as iranian citizen , how rude apple people can be?!
  2. #2  
    3rdpig's Avatar

    Posts
    217 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    "Iranian" is not a race and discriminating against them doesn't make anyone "racist", although it may make them an @sshole.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    iranians(pesians) have their own race , and not selling apple products to whoever speaks farsi is racist!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Why would you be pissed at Apple for following US Government rules? You should direct your anger at the current Iranian President as well as it's Supreme Leader.

    They are the ones taking Iran down a path of sanctions and hardship for your fellow Iranians.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Two ways to look at this story, as I'm seeing it's being reported in two different ways.

    To refuse to sell it to her seeing as she is a US citizen is simply a racist store employees way to use apple policy to further a personal agenda of hate. From what I read of apples policy it follows the US embargo by denying sales going to the country of Iran, I did not interpret it to ban sales to American citizens because of their heritage.

    The other way to see this is that some news agency's are reporting that she was admitting she was buying the ipad as a gift for a family member that does live in Iran. In this case without explicit government approval she is breaking a US law, which as a legal US citizen she should respect.

    I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Why would you be pissed at Apple for following US Government rules? You should direct your anger at the current Iranian President as well as it's Supreme Leader.

    They are the ones taking Iran down a path of sanctions and hardship for your fellow Iranians.
    What you say is partially right but the embargo is on Iran's government and let's say people who live in IRAN , not the people who have been living here for the past 10 years and are US citizen.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Quote Originally Posted by metz65 View Post
    Two ways to look at this story, as I'm seeing it's being reported in two different ways.

    To refuse to sell it to her seeing as she is a US citizen is simply a racist store employees way to use apple policy to further a personal agenda of hate. From what I read of apples policy it follows the US embargo by denying sales going to the country of Iran, I did not interpret it to ban sales to American citizens because of their heritage.

    The other way to see this is that some news agency's are reporting that she was admitting she was buying the ipad as a gift for a family member that does live in Iran. In this case without explicit government approval she is breaking a US law, which as a legal US citizen she should respect.

    I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.
    Yeah I'm agreed with you , but just because they were speaking farsi together it doesn't mean they want to send it to iran , and I believe it is so rude to ask people what ethnicity you are and when they say they are iranian(persian) apple reject them .
    After all there are a lot of persians out there who own apples shares and the funny part is one of their assistant managers in the company is persian!!!
    after all screw apple!
  8. #8  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Quote Originally Posted by Milad6923 View Post
    What you say is partially right but the embargo is on Iran's government and let's say people who live in IRAN , not the people who have been living here for the past 10 years and are US citizen.
    True, but this still affects U.S. Iranians who want to send gifts such as this back to family members..

    And it's not on all Iranians, it's on specific members of govt, the Revolutionary Guard, all their banks, and some areas of their consumer/industrial sector.

    The normal guy running a coffee shop isn't being embargo/sanctioned, but he's feeling it in his wallet because of high prices of gas and food because of the banking sanctions.

    Heck, Microsoft and Sony can't even allow Iranians to use their Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 SDK because that's sanctioned! I read a huge article on it, so the entire video game industry in Iran is computer based.

    I feel bad for the Iranian people that are going through this because of what the President and Supreme Leader are doing.

    I know this is kind of off topic, so I apologize.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  9. #9  
    pmoser's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

    Default

    No disrespect but how is this relevent to android?

    Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7
    Thanked by 2:
    monkeyluisRy 
  10. #10  

    Default

    So it's ONLY apple that hasn't sold products to these people.
  11. #11  
    Ry
    Ry is offline
    Ry's Avatar

    Posts
    7,197 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,204 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoser View Post
    No disrespect but how is this relevent to android?

    Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7
    Haven't you heard? Anti-Apple threads can be posted anywhere on an Android forum.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
  12. #12  
    pmoser's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    Haven't you heard? Anti-Apple threads can be posted anywhere on an Android forum.

    Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    I wouldn't care if it was anti apple if it was a civil discussion or a debate with android in the topic. This is not that.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7
    Devinator and anjali_jain like this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoser View Post
    No disrespect but how is this relevent to android?

    Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7
    Because I'm a android user and I feel here as a home , so I wanted to discuss this shame with all my friends here!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoser View Post
    I wouldn't care if it was anti apple if it was a civil discussion or a debate with android in the topic. This is not that.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7
    Sorry I just couldn't find any better place on the forum to share it with you guys .
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    for some people who care about this subject here are some videos .[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdG4K5nrz4k[/YT]
  16. #16  
    pmoser's Avatar

    Posts
    75 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 and Incredikernel

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milad6923 View Post
    Because I'm a android user and I feel here as a home , so I wanted to discuss this shame with all my friends here!
    Sorry if my comment came off as rude or disrespectful. May I suggest such topics go in the android central lounge, which is under the other forums section.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7
    Thanked by 2:
    Milad6923Ry 
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Quote Originally Posted by pmoser View Post
    Sorry if my comment came off as rude or disrespectful. May I suggest such topics go in the android central lounge, which is under the other forums section.

    Sent from my Droid Incredible running CM7
    no worries bro , I just didn't know where to share it I guess
  18. #18  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Apple has become a joke now !!
  19. #19  
    bnceo's Avatar

    Posts
    98 Posts
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Yeah, Apple screwed the pooch on this one. Who cares if she's buying it for her family back home. It's not Apple's job to stop that transaction, it's Customs job.

    All Apple has to do here is just sell it to her, despite what she says. Bad policy if this is one.
  20. #20  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bnceo View Post
    Yeah, Apple screwed the pooch on this one. Who cares if she's buying it for her family back home. It's not Apple's job to stop that transaction, it's Customs job.

    All Apple has to do here is just sell it to her, despite what she says. Bad policy if this is one.
    That's not actually true. The sales associate, store, and apple are all legally responsible if they sell an individual an embargoed item that ends up in a country like Iran. I believe the fine for the associate is something like $250k and possible jail time. If they have any suspicion at all, they are not supposed to sell it to those customers.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  21. #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milad6923 View Post
    What you say is partially right but the embargo is on Iran's government and let's say people who live in IRAN , not the people who have been living here for the past 10 years and are US citizen.
    It is against the law to send embargoed items to a country like Iran, and it is against the law for stores and companies like apple to sell products to those individuals if they know they will break an embargo.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  
    Crispy's Avatar

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    Apple or the apple store employee is in no way liable for this. For all they know anyone can buy an iPhone and give it to their Iranian friend or take it to the country themselves. It's not a legal binding any way you look at it.

    This is simply Apple being elitist snobs as usual.
  23. #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    Apple or the apple store employee is in no way liable for this. For all they know anyone can buy an iPhone and give it to their Iranian friend or take it to the country themselves. It's not a legal binding any way you look at it.

    This is simply Apple being elitist snobs as usual.
    Wait...what? Lol.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: I'm so pissed at apple!

    23 posts and nobody cites the actual restriction? Holy Cow, I know I keep sounding like an old guy, but for Pete's sake people, doesn't anyone even try to understand the issue before blabbering about it?

    Here ya go:
    ...goods, technology, or services may not be exported, reexported, sold or supplied, directly or indirectly, from the United States or by a U.S. person, wherever located, to Iran or the Government of Iran. The ban on providing services includes any brokering function from the United States or by U.S. persons, wherever located. For example, a U.S. person, wherever located, or any person acting within the United States, may not broker offshore transactions that benefit Iran or the Government of Iran, including sales of foreign goods or arranging for third-country financing or guarantees.
    In general, a person may not export from the U.S. any goods, technology or services, if that person knows or has reason to know such items are intended specifically for supply, transshipment or reexportation to Iran. Further, such exportation is prohibited if the exporter knows or has reason to know the U.S. items are intended specifically for use in the production of, for commingling with, or for incorporation into goods, technology or services to be directly or indirectly supplied, transshipped or reexported exclusively or predominately to Iran or the Government of Iran. ...
    There is more, but that is the meat of it. The bolding and italics were done by me to bring your attention to some key points.

    Knock yourself out reading the whole thing here:

    This is simple people. Just read the letter of the law. There is no gray area here and it's written in a way that anyone of even moderate intelligence can understand.

    Bottom line: If you sell an iPad to an Iranian student, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to know the iPad will eventually wind up back in Iran. Unless, of course, you assume every single Iranian who ever walks into an Apple store will not be going back to Iran (a ridiculous assumption). The store clerks did the right thing. Cut him a break. He wasn't racist. He wasn't racially profiling anyone. He was mandated to act as he did by Federal law.

    There is no reason to be upset at Apple for this. If you want to be upset, be upset at the news media for sensationalizing this completely out of proportion.

    Let me understand this. We have Federal sanctions against Iran. You go into a store, speak Farsi and identify yourself as an Iranian, then you get surprised and insulted because you can't buy something.

    Maybe they should try to go to their local flight school and book time on a passenger jet simulator. They'll be in for another "surprise".

    This is one of those things that make me say "Wha...?!"
    Last edited by Maikai.Guy; 06-27-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  25. #25  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    Apple or the apple store employee is in no way liable for this. For all they know anyone can buy an iPhone and give it to their Iranian friend or take it to the country themselves. It's not a legal binding any way you look at it.

    This is simply Apple being elitist snobs as usual.
    That is not correct. I suggest you read the law. There are civil and criminal penalties that apple and their associates (and any US retailer or business for that matter) will be subjected to if they sell merchandise that ends up in Iran and they knew or had suspicions about it.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by JHBThree; 06-28-2012 at 01:01 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Posting Permissions

B