Onlive Universal Wireless Controller Compatibility List

JohnnyPhantom

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

I decided to start a thread that documents what Applications work with the Onlive Universal Wireless Controller. I was looking for a page just like this before I made my Onlive controller purchase, but with no luck. So I decided to make a list for everyone who may be looking for the same info I once was. This list will grow as I test more and more Applications on my Android with it. If you have any Requests, please feel free to ask ^-^

HARDWARE:
Samsung Galaxy II Skyrocket running OFFICIAL (non leaked) ICS 4.0.4
Onlive Universal Wireless Controller

TESTED APPLICATIONS:

Onlive: WORKS (I figured it would :p )

SuperGNES: WORKS (when mapping the controller, the A and B buttons wouldn't show as anything entered as you set the keys, the field was left blank. Then when I got to X, Y, Start, Select, D-pad, and Shoulder buttons, the keys mapped and showed what they were mapped as. In game all mapped buttons worked great, However, I could not map the Trigger buttons on the Onlive Controller to anything)

Sonice CD: WORKS (No configuration needed, just launch the App and play!)

FPSE: WORKS PARTIALLY (I can map almost any botton except (like with the SuperGNES App) I cannot map the analog stick directions or the L2 R2 (trigger) buttons) other than that everything maps just fine, D pad, Shoulder buttons, Start, Select, L3, R3, and the 4 shape buttons. I'll play more with this app to see if the are other settings I could try to get this working)

Hope that helps, I'll continue to grow this list as I try more!

So far, to me, it seems that any app that lets you map a hardware button "should" work with the Onlive controller, but the only buttons on the Onlive controller that cannot be mapped would be the analog stick directions (however clicking down on the analog sticks can be mapped), and the 2 trigger buttons. Everything else seems map-able just fine. I also think that the D pad and the Left Stick share the same mappings. For example. when I set up, down, left, and right on the D pad, those buttons also work for the left Analog Stick as well.

Last Updated 7/13/2012

Last edited:

Ali Hassan7

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I am planning to purchase the universal onlive controller, but I had the same concerns. So I emailed onlive customer service about it and they said that you can only use the controller for onlive games. I am glad that you are able to use it with SuperGNES and other games. My question is have you tried the controller with android games like Modern Combat 4, Dead Trigger and riptide?

Thank you.