Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Tarpit_Carnivore
  • 3 Post By Verdes8891
  • 2 Post By MERCDROID
  • 1 Post By Johnly
  • 2 Post By Jude526
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Boycott Apple for Infringing human rights abuses

With all the aggressive tactics being employed by Apple, especially the letter strong-arming suppliers to remove specific Samsung products in light of an impending ban, I believes this severely infringes on the fundamental freedom of choice of consumers and should be met with fierce resistance.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    2,490 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GrimmReapa View Post
    With all the aggressive tactics being employed by Apple, especially the letter strong-arming suppliers to remove specific Samsung products in light of an impending ban, I believes this severely infringes on the fundamental freedom of choice of consumers and should be met with fierce resistance.

I do not buy apple, never had nor I intend to buy any of their stuff

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    3,617 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Default Re: Boycott Apple for Infringing human rights abuses

That is freedom of choice. If you feel that strongly about it, just don't buy any Apple products. End of story.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!

Global Posts
    3,374 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.2

OK, but that's hardly a human rights violation. Apple is operating within the laws our elected leaders created.

If you really want to change vote for new leaders who will support changing the current patent system. Or write your current leaders and press them to sponsor bills to change the system.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Quote Originally Posted by grunt0300 View Post
    That is freedom of choice. If you feel that strongly about it, just don't buy any Apple products. End of story.
    That's true. It will work itself out in the end. Apple (although trying) cant FORCE you to buy an iPhone...

Quote Originally Posted by JDBuzzington View Post
    That's true. It will work itself out in the end. Apple (although trying) cant FORCE you to buy an iPhone...
    Corner the market in 5 years and you may very well be "forced" to buy an iphone/ipad as a smart mobile customer.

I mean look at all the ways Apple has leverage with simple stuff like a VPN client for years and only now SOME Android devices are getting the Cisco anyconnect client.

Look at all the "industry" accessories like docks and cables all "apple-ready". Even audio receivers and freaking treadmills at the gym. Really??? I know plenty people tired of not having those type of plug n play options make the switch.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE- > HTC Evo / BB Bold > Nexus S 4G

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

This title is horribly misleading.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM

Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    Corner the market in 5 years and you may very well be "forced" to buy an iphone/ipad as a smart mobile customer.

I mean look at all the ways Apple has leverage with simple stuff like a VPN client for years and only now SOME Android devices are getting the Cisco anyconnect client.

Look at all the "industry" accessories like docks and cables all "apple-ready". Even audio receivers and freaking treadmills at the gym. Really??? I know plenty people tired of not having those type of plug n play options make the switch.
    They're apple ready because Apple uses the same connector for all their stuff in the same spot. Android phones may now all use micro-usb but they're all located in different places.

Found this. Thought it was pretty funny.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by:
    knightfall, MERCDROID and Syrous44 like this.

Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Let's not go crazy here... Many of us don't agree with the outcome of this trial. But, let's be honest, Samsung brought this on themselves. They could have tried HARDER to settle outside of court... they didn't. They could have had a BETTER defense in court, instead of flat out saying and providing evidence that they copied... they didn't. They could have intially DIFFERENTIATED their products to not make them look like iPhones and provoke Apple... they didn't. At the end of the day, there will always be a choice, especially in a market as fast-paced as the mobile one. These are billion dollar companies battling each other for your money, not for your human rights So, as others have said, vote with your wallet
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    gabbott and Ry like this.

Global Posts
    10,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

Who is going to make the "sign," you know, that poor California kid begging the courts for some of Samsung's bug hunks....just saying, they are doing a good job at being a brown bagged drunk.
    MERCDROID likes this.

I never liked Apple products. Too bad the courts here couldn't be like those in the UK who found no fault with Samsung. I don't have to boycott. I don't own nor do I ever plan on owning anything Apple.

sent from my Rezound
    sent from either my Samsung Galaxy Note2 or my
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    cyanogen-man and MERCDROID like this.

Global Posts
    1,049 Global Posts
    ROM
    ice cold sandwich aokp

Your my kind of girl lol the rotten apple must burn

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,877 Global Posts

..because Samsung and companies they hire are free and clear and have never been accused of human rights violations.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (212.55.26.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola Moto G (210.12.41.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.4)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KTU84P, KitKat 4.4.4)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums