Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Photon4glover
  • 1 Post By JHBThree
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung says Apple copied Sony for iPhone

Looks like Samsung has its ducks in a row on this one and may be
    on to something that may put a fork in the duck!!!

Maybe it will sway some of these Judges in the other direction that
    Apple wasn't the innovator it claims to be...

ROM
    DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.3v8

Default Re: Samsung says Apple copied Sony for iPhone

Check out this Apple spin

I wonder if the photoshop versions of the Galaxy Tab(the ones Apple created) played in part in this consumer confusion? LOL
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.- John Galt
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Now Apple wants this Sony copy theory thrown out because another judge had thrown it out already!

... Well... What about the idea that Another judge also had thrown out the idea that Samsung had even copied the ipad with the 10.1 Tab and Apple didnt have a case!!!

Such a crock of Sh*t...

Posted from my Sprint White GS3 via Tapatalk

Read this comment its perfect explanation
    Apple claims that Samsung is ripping of them. Samsung? This is what Samsung is proving. 1) A lot of Samsung design is a "natural" evolution and they had countless of similar looking products (and concepts that were available to the public) At the time the iPhone came out and BEFORE the iPhone as well. And without Samsung, you won't have your iPhone. Samsung Technology and inventions, that is how the iPhone came to be and Apple isn't paying Samsung for that. 2) Sony. What Samsung is showing here is that Apple (simply) copies from other manufactures. Apple stuff is just an "improvement" of what's out there. What Apple does is take something that is out there, "fancies" it up, and claim it is their own idea. What Samsung is attempting to prove is Prior Art.

What Apple is claiming (basically) is that they "invented" the smartphone and that everybody copied off them, EVEN when there were countless of smartphones beforehand and the market was already in the process of transitioning to that.

Apple is a pure marketing genius. They know how to make the right product at the right time.

iPhone? (and similar with iPad). You can (simply) find example after example after example after example after example after example of Prior art. Server market, Desktop market, laptop market, TV market, DVD player market, radio market, TV box market, printer market, monitor market, etc... you have countless of products that look the same and the ONLY thing that tells you a Toshiba from a Panasonic is the name on the front.

Yet, in the (smart)phone market and tablet market, Apple HEAVILY is suing on "looks", where it would be completely natural for devices to look the same/similar.

Primary reason why Apple is suing? How many iPhones Apple sold? ~26 million. How many phones did Samsung sold? Over 50 million (maybe as many as 52 million) and at least 10 million of those is the Galaxy S3. Samsung is (quite literally) selling double as many (smart)phones as Apple and the space between those two will just get larger and larger. Apple WILL DO ANYTHING IN THEIR POWER to crush/decrease the amount of sales Samsung has. Why? Competition. Apple knows (very well) they will have to start "innovating" if they want to catch Samsung. They will have to get off their A$$ and start making a better phone than instead of slapping "iPhone" onto a brick and sit back and relax. That means their profit margins will have to shrink considerably.

Sent from my JellyBean Poppin MoPho

ROM
    DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.3v8

Photon4glover,

Well said!
    I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.- John Galt
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    275 Global Posts

Look at it this way. Let apple sue everyone like mad. That way they can keep busy and distracted from innovating new and great things causing them to die from inside out. If you look at Ipone4s and rumored iphone 5 nothing spectacular. Will give you example from paintball world. Smartparts was a power house till they started suing everyone for ideas, now they no longer exist as they bankrupted as other companies innovated and surpassed them on every level. Apple sure looks like it might slowly go that way as well since Jobs is gone and no real visionaries left their.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

ROM
    DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.3v8

The only problem I see with the US trail is our system is so corrupted by money. Anyone should be able to understand prior art, see that Samsung's products are different, and understand that Apple is trying to use the legal system to destroy a competitor.

If justice is raped and Apple defeats Samsung in the US, you can expect Apple to push to seek all Android phones be banned, fines, and the designs totally changed. Lets hope the insanity stops here and these vague patients Apple was granted are voided by reason and logic.

If Apple wins can we expect a slew of the same crap when Apple releases to 7in ipad or their mythical Apple TV's(I am sure Apple invented smart TV's, LED tech, etc.. I am sure a "document" with appear from 2001-2006 that proves this.)

I supported Apple since the 80's. I have owned Macs, ipods, iphone4 etc... Hell, I even worked part time in the Apple Store for over a year , but I will never support Apple again with my money. I am sure I am not the only Apple fan that feels this way.
    Thanked by 2:

Except that apple released pictures of the earliest iPhone design that predates this 'Sony' design by several months, and in fact, was the basis for that design. Doesn't matter anyways; the judge will not allow Samsung to bring that into court.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Photon4glover View Post
    Read this comment its perfect explanation
    Apple claims that Samsung is ripping of them. Samsung? This is what Samsung is proving. 1) A lot of Samsung design is a "natural" evolution and they had countless of similar looking products (and concepts that were available to the public) At the time the iPhone came out and BEFORE the iPhone as well. And without Samsung, you won't have your iPhone. Samsung Technology and inventions, that is how the iPhone came to be and Apple isn't paying Samsung for that. 2) Sony. What Samsung is showing here is that Apple (simply) copies from other manufactures. Apple stuff is just an "improvement" of what's out there. What Apple does is take something that is out there, "fancies" it up, and claim it is their own idea. What Samsung is attempting to prove is Prior Art.

What Apple is claiming (basically) is that they "invented" the smartphone and that everybody copied off them, EVEN when there were countless of smartphones beforehand and the market was already in the process of transitioning to that.

Sent from my JellyBean Poppin MoPho
    To educate Apple's silly lawyers: I once owned a Handspring Visor PDA. It had an awesome system of docking station accessories and one thing they included was a cellular antenna. That was the first Smartphone. They also forgot about the Casio E707 which was a combination cell phone and PDA. Sorry Apple, your lie fell flat.

ROM
    Ice Cream Sandwich

Apple's lawyers are among the best in the industry and everyone knows this legal battle will surely become even more nastier in the following weeks. Apple requests $2.5 billion from Samsung because the Korean manufacturer allegedly copied some of its patents and designs. there's no doubt it's all about the money and not about patents having been infringed.

Judge Lucy Koh surely sees where this case is leading so she let the bosses of both companies to speak through phone to let them reach a settlement before it becomes uglier. You can read the post about this here:

I'm not sure where this case is heading to or if Samsung will be ordered to pay billions of dollars to Apple who apparently stole ideas from other companies as well.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,206 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bdmridgback View Post

Looks like Samsung has its ducks in a row on this one and may be
    on to something that may put a fork in the duck!!!

Maybe it will sway some of these Judges in the other direction that
    Apple wasn't the innovator it claims to be...

But is there an actual Sony phone that Apple copied?

Nope.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Quote Originally Posted by syrous44 View Post
    Look at it this way. Let apple sue everyone like mad. That way they can keep busy and distracted from innovating new and great things causing them to die from inside out. If you look at Ipone4s and rumored iphone 5 nothing spectacular. Will give you example from paintball world. Smartparts was a power house till they started suing everyone for ideas, now they no longer exist as they bankrupted as other companies innovated and surpassed them on every level. Apple sure looks like it might slowly go that way as well since Jobs is gone and no real visionaries left their.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Those who design devices are not lawares that sit there and fight, it same for both Apple and Samsung... it's not like they stoped working durning that case