Can a rooted s3 get iphone apps?

NickLippert

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I doubt it. They are two different operating systems, I would assume it is the same as trying to install a Mac program on a windows computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it. They are two different operating systems, I would assume it is the same as trying to install a Mac program on a windows computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Pretty much. Some devs will port there iphone apps to android and vice versa if your looking for a specific app on ios I would try emailing them and see if they have any plans to bring it to android. If the Dev knows there is an audience for it there much more likely to create an android version

Sent from my Jelly bean powered Galaxy Nexus

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Normaly without anything you can't do that, Andoird missing iOS APIS.

But if we being geeky.... in theory.... It's actully possible, and Wine proofs that (Windows API for linux that can run Windows executables in Linux envriament on 86x machine), but it would require hell lot of work and backward enginiring, Wine is in development since Win3.1 times and yet it does not work 100% right. In theory also, it would be much more easier then Windows <-> Linux situation since both iOS (which is based on Darwin kernel that is fork of FreeBSD) and Android (which is practicly... Linux it self with Google's java platfrom running on top of it) are unix-like systems that follows same specifications, which means they have same low level calls so they would need some rederections (normally you can compile same C++ code on both systems and it will work, ofcorse if you provide required envriament).... but major problem would be iOS stuff that is in higher level which is not available for Linux and we don't have a source code ;]

harhis23

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Not possible.. I've heard of Windows Phones running on Android Apps but not Android running on iOS. These two couldn't possibly share something in common so even for rooted and hacked devices, it isn't possible.

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Not possible.. I've heard of Windows Phones running on Android Apps but not Android running on iOS. These two couldn't possibly share something in common so even for rooted and hacked devices, it isn't possible.

Uh, don't share anything in common? You do know that iOS/OSX is at a very basic level a fancy skin on top of BSD Unix right? Android is also a fancy skin running on top of the Linux kernel. There is a lot more in common than you think between the two. You still can't run iOS apps on Android but it's more to do with API's, kernel differences, programming languages etc. If anything I'd guess it would be a bit easier to recompile an Android app to run on iOS but that's basing my assumption on the fact that you can compile Linux code to run on OSX with the proper libraries and interpreters.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo