Educate Me: Buying Unlocked International Phones for US

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I need some education here. I'm looking at ditching my current Verizon plans with unlimited data and going to Straight Talk prepaid plans for my three smartphones. It is my understanding that Straight Talk uses AT&T as well as T-Mobile for their network. My plan is to buy "international" versions of whatever phones I want (aside from a GNex for myself). So what should I be looking for in terms of radio frequencies if I want the phones to run "4G"? Should all international phones do that on the GSM networks? There are just so many options out there, it's easy to get overwhelmed. Thanks in advance for any help!

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Someone respond please! I have the same situation, the only difference being I am looking at the International HOX...

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Wish I knew more to help but in my own research I learned to look at penta-band phones so I can use T-Mobile or ATT frequencies. I am considering making the same move for my daughters. Going to get a cheap dumb phone to test drive the coverage first.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

naind

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought an unlocked Android ICS and I'm pleased with it. The features I looked at were
Type: Touch screen phone
CPU: 1GHz
ROM: 2.5GB
RAM: 512MB
Battery: 1550mAh Li-ion
Capacitive touch (5-point) screen
Network frequency: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz WCDMA 2100MHz
Dual SIM, Dual standby
Dual cameras (the back one with flash light)
Wireless internet
GPS supported
Gravity sensing system
FM/MP3/MP4/Bluetooth function supported
Network type: 3G+GSM
I am in Canada and it works here

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma