Lenovo IdeaPad a2109 9" Released?

ryanb4614

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
My bestbuy flyer today is advertising they have the lenovo ideapad a2109 available. On Lenovo's website it says they will be released in September?

What will be better the lenovo a2109 or google nexus?

Lenovo a2109 ideapad specs:

What's Included

Lenovo IdeaPad A2109 Tablet with 16GB Memory
2-cell lithium-ion battery
AC adapter
Owner's manual

Product Features

Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system
Along with a quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor that features a 1.2GHz processor speed to help you to stay connected and productive on the go.
Built-in Wi-Fi
Connect to the Internet without wires.
1GB LPDDR memory
For multitasking power.
9" high-definition 4-point capacitive touch screen
With 1280 x 800 resolution to showcase movies and games in stunning clarity.
16GB on-board memory
Offers spacious storage.
NVIDIA Tegra 3 graphics
For lush images. Micro HDMI output for connection to an HDTV.
Built-in 1.3MP front-facing camera
Along with a 3.0MP rear-facing camera makes it easy to capture special moments on the go.
Bluetooth capable
Easily link with other Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as a mobile phone or MP3 player.
Weighs only 14.1 oz. and measures just 0.5" thin
For lightweight portability. A roll cage helps protect against damage from drops.

Is it really released or is it a misprint?

rsage

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, confirmed, I played with one tonight at Best Buy, they had one on display. I wasn't impressed enough to pick one up, I'll stick with my GTab2 for now. Let me know if there's anything you want to know. I thought the screen was the weak point, btw.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I am seriously considering getting one of these over a Nexus 7, especially if the price on the Lenovo drops down to $250 or below. Why? Well, I really want a tablet with a screen size larger than 7" but smaller than 10.1". 8" to 9" would be absolutely ideal, at least at 1280x800. Expandable storage, HDMI out and a rear camera would all be icing on the cake BUT I really question if Lenovo will ever update this thing to JB given their track record. I can fit all of my apps/games into 16Gb of internal storage but I'd really like an external card for my multimedia files. That's why I am a bit reluctant to pull the trigger on the N7.

This Lenovo seems very well built for the money and has all the right ports (charges over microUSB, microHDMI output). The salesman indicated to me that it DOES have a microSD slot but I did not see this to verify it. I was in a big rush but I did go into settings and there was a reference to "please intsert a memory card" in settings/storage. It looked like there might be a removable panel where the camera lens is on the backside-perhaps the microSD slot is there like on the HTC Flyer and EVO View?

Performance was good in the few minutes I played with it and there wasn't too terribly much bloatware on it. The screen was somewhat disappointing but not horrible. I'd say the TN panel on this one is a notch below what I had on my Acer Iconia A500 last year but a good bit better than the Iconia A100 that was a few feet away on display. The Lenovo's screen was definitely way better than my old Archos G8 or my Viewsonic GTablet. The Lenovo's screen viewing angles were considerably worse when viewin in portrait mode or from above. Looking at it in "normal" landscape orientation it actually quite nice at maximum brightness.

So yeah, screen is the worst part of this device aside from Lenovo's support history. A mild hardware refresh of this thing with JellyBean and an IPS panel would make it an AWESOME device, especially at the pricepoint above the 16Gb Nexus 7 but below all of the bigger Tegra3 tablets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress