Iphone 5 talked about on today Show 9/12/12

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I seen this this morning and just had to rant and brag on Android. Why in the world is apple still making over this boring phone, why is it still being treated as if it's the cool smartphone, it's so far behind the times, our android devices have so far surpassed this pos phone it ain't even funny.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people don't care what is better stats wise or even features and wants something that just works. To each his/her own. Can't wait until my friends who are buying this thing shows up for me to jailbreak it for them. Can't complain about the extra cash.

diecastdonkey

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
My first reaction was "wow that's thick!" then I heard its lighter and thinner than the last :eek: I'd prefer my optimus v any day :D

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I still like the iPhone and iOS. I moved to the galaxy S3 though because I wanted a bigger screen. 4in is just not big enough. Well for some people it is, but not for me. I still have my iPad and get my iOS that way. Because of the tight integration of the hardware and the iOS it is super slick. I'm not sure what is meant that it is still out of date. I think only people who don't use it don't understand what it's like. It's a very different experience.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
But what I find funny is, you don't hear the news shows talking about the new Motorola razr hd, or the Slll, which have hardware and software that surpassed the I phone several years ago. Android has been able to run lte for a while now,and has had a 4 inch or bigger screen for several years now, 8mp camera's for several years now, and some of the crap the news shows named off what the wonderful Iphone 5 is coming out with, I just want to laugh, android came out with the features a while ago, and people still make out over this frat boy pos.

ios I will admit, it's easy to use and good for beginners I think. But for the more experienced smartphone users, it's a boring experience. Steve Jobs stole ideas from android designed devices, and was a whiny little baby. I look forward to the day when apple and it's wonderful boring phone gets surpassed by Android, (which is starting to happen) much like it's been surpassed by IBM compatible computers back years ago.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
But what I find funny is, you don't hear the news shows talking about the new Motorola razr hd, or the Slll, which have hardware and software that surpassed the I phone several years ago. Android has been able to run lte for a while now,and has had a 4 inch or bigger screen for several years now, 8mp camera's for several years now, and some of the crap the news shows named off what the wonderful Iphone 5 is coming out with, I just want to laugh, android came out with the features a while ago, and people still make out over this frat boy pos.

ios I will admit, it's easy to use and good for beginners I think. But for the more experienced smartphone users, it's a boring experience. Steve Jobs stole ideas from android designed devices, and was a whiny little baby. I look forward to the day when apple and it's wonderful boring phone gets surpassed by Android, (which is starting to happen) much like it's been surpassed by IBM compatible computers back years ago.

In terms of smartphone market share, Android has already passed Apple.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Ry, it just makes me sick to hear the media making out over this same old boring platform while there is much better choices out there, and why don't they brag on those devices.

Apple is guess has paid the media to brag on the Iphone. It's a part of pop culture, and they keep clinging to that. Makes me sick.

Ry, i assumed the android platform had passed the Iphone but now after you said, I am glad to hear. It needs to, to take the air out of jobs balloon is so worth while to know.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ry, it just makes me sick to hear the media making out over this same old boring platform while there is much better choices out there, and why don't they brag on those devices.

Apple is guess has paid the media to brag on the Iphone. It's a part of pop culture, and they keep clinging to that. Makes me sick.

Ry, i assumed the android platform had passed the Iphone but now after you said, I am glad to hear. It needs to, to take the air out of jobs balloon is so worth while to know.

Apple has tons more mind share with the regular masses because they're marketing geniuses. They've created a subculture that props up Apple as one of the great companies today. And based on their stock price, people are going to continue to notice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I know this probably doesn't belong in this thread group but I gotta speak my mind on this.

I find it a little sad that with all the apple fan boys we have out there in the modern media coverage. I have seen more news about the iPhone 5 today then the assassination of the us ambassador to lybia.

Yea towards the evening it kinda shifted but during the day it was actually kind of pathetic to say the least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
I know this probably doesn't belong in this thread group but I gotta speak my mind on this.

I find it a little sad that with all the apple fan boys we have out there in the modern media coverage. I have seen more news about the iPhone 5 today then the assassination of the us ambassador to lybia.

Yea towards the evening it kinda shifted but during the day it was actually kind of pathetic to say the least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree all the stuff that's going on and yet the internets is all a buzz about a iphone that's basically the same as the 4s.

Then again apple thinks its bigger than anything and their fanboy sites are jizzing in their pants for a 4 inch screen.

Sent from my LG-P930

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

Funny stuff. Android is completely original. Ok.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thing is, the iPhone gets special treatment not because of its specs or features, but because the iPod/ iPhone brand has been built up in a huge way over the years. People are more "hyped" over the brand, than they are for a new "cutting edge" piece of hardware and OS. Like it or not, Apple's marketing has created a juggernaut. No Android OEMs have built up their brand the same way, and that's why you don't see people hyping up new Android phones very often. Well, that and the fact that Android, being more open, sees more device releases in a year than Apple (who only releases one new phone a year) does.

But, it's not like it's a "defeat" or anything. Apple just has the "popularity contest" in the bag every single time. Android still has a big following and enough market share to be viable for quite a while. Android phones just get overlooked by major media outlets because there's so many of them and none have quite the same level of marketing and "hype" as the iPhone does.

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't think it's just the iphone that's been hyped. It's the whole smartphone market where people feel the need to get the latest and greatest. Single core to dual core to quad core...5mp to 8mp to 13mp...3.5in to 4in to 4.3in to 4.8in...amoled to super amoled to super amoled plus... and so it goes. It's all mostly just marketing and android users are just as susceptible to it as anyone else.

Even this whole android vs iphone thing is just part of the marketing narrative promoted by profit driven corporations.

At some point in the near future smartphones will become just another appliance... would anyone get upset about someone choosing a sub-zero vs a Samsung fridge?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Guidos Dad

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
A lot of people don't care what is better stats wise or even features and wants something that just works. To each his/her own. Can't wait until my friends who are buying this thing shows up for me to jailbreak it for them. Can't complain about the extra cash.

Exact and to the point. It all comes down to what you want to do with your phone. If your content pulling your new phone out of the box and use it as its set up looking at the same general stock set up for your home pages and just want it to work with no fuss, why not the I phone?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, but the big point of this thread is the news media making out over this stupid phone like it's the phone to have, that it's the superior, the only GD smart phone on earth, and the people that don't know one smart phone from another, for instance, the secretary at my work, in her fifties, i tell her I'm thinking of getting a new phone, at the time I had a droid x and was wanting the razr maxx, she replies back, oh your wanting an Iphone. Apple clings to the teat of this and the isheep folks, and pays the media to hype this pos up, like it's God's phone, and that your cool to own an Iphone.

I'm not knocking on the folks that use ios, im knocking on the concept apple uses to make people think it's damn phone is the phone of all phones and it's so special.
And like you that stated earlier, it's sad the media talked more on the Iphone 5 than they did about the US ambassador getting killed.

blopez24

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else seen the video by jimmy kimmel on the iphone 5 just shows you how stupid some iphone users are and how they just give into the marketing and don't know jack squat about the phone.

Sent from my LG-P930

TOPshogun

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site
Idk I've been let down by Motorola with my bionic so I might have to got to the apple side' at least they update their phones with the newest os one time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11