Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Iphone 5 talked about on today Show 9/12/12

I seen this this morning and just had to rant and brag on Android. Why in the world is apple still making over this boring phone, why is it still being treated as if it's the cool smartphone, it's so far behind the times, our android devices have so far surpassed this pos phone it ain't even funny.
    Look Ma, I gots me a smart phone

My Time Line->Samsung 540->LG VX8300->LG EnV Orange->Storm 1->Droid X->Droid Razr Maxx

ROM
    ViperOne

Default Re: Iphone 5 talked about on today Show 9/12/12

A lot of people don't care what is better stats wise or even features and wants something that just works. To each his/her own. Can't wait until my friends who are buying this thing shows up for me to jailbreak it for them. Can't complain about the extra cash.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    blizard likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    A lot of people don't care what is better stats wise or even features and wants something that just works. To each his/her own. Can't wait until my friends who are buying this thing shows up for me to jailbreak it for them. Can't complain about the extra cash.
    Good point :-)

No thanks. I wait for the iphone 5s lol
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Different everyday.

My first reaction was "wow that's thick!" then I heard its lighter and thinner than the last I'd prefer my optimus v any day

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    Slender Troll likes this.

I still like the iPhone and iOS. I moved to the galaxy S3 though because I wanted a bigger screen. 4in is just not big enough. Well for some people it is, but not for me. I still have my iPad and get my iOS that way. Because of the tight integration of the hardware and the iOS it is super slick. I'm not sure what is meant that it is still out of date. I think only people who don't use it don't understand what it's like. It's a very different experience.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

But what I find funny is, you don't hear the news shows talking about the new Motorola razr hd, or the Slll, which have hardware and software that surpassed the I phone several years ago. Android has been able to run lte for a while now,and has had a 4 inch or bigger screen for several years now, 8mp camera's for several years now, and some of the crap the news shows named off what the wonderful Iphone 5 is coming out with, I just want to laugh, android came out with the features a while ago, and people still make out over this frat boy pos.

ios I will admit, it's easy to use and good for beginners I think. But for the more experienced smartphone users, it's a boring experience. Steve Jobs stole ideas from android designed devices, and was a whiny little baby. I look forward to the day when apple and it's wonderful boring phone gets surpassed by Android, (which is starting to happen) much like it's been surpassed by IBM compatible computers back years ago.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by df79transam View Post
    But what I find funny is, you don't hear the news shows talking about the new Motorola razr hd, or the Slll, which have hardware and software that surpassed the I phone several years ago. Android has been able to run lte for a while now,and has had a 4 inch or bigger screen for several years now, 8mp camera's for several years now, and some of the crap the news shows named off what the wonderful Iphone 5 is coming out with, I just want to laugh, android came out with the features a while ago, and people still make out over this frat boy pos.

ios I will admit, it's easy to use and good for beginners I think. But for the more experienced smartphone users, it's a boring experience. Steve Jobs stole ideas from android designed devices, and was a whiny little baby. I look forward to the day when apple and it's wonderful boring phone gets surpassed by Android, (which is starting to happen) much like it's been surpassed by IBM compatible computers back years ago.
    In terms of smartphone market share, Android has already passed Apple.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Ry, it just makes me sick to hear the media making out over this same old boring platform while there is much better choices out there, and why don't they brag on those devices.

Apple is guess has paid the media to brag on the Iphone. It's a part of pop culture, and they keep clinging to that. Makes me sick.

Ry, i assumed the android platform had passed the Iphone but now after you said, I am glad to hear. It needs to, to take the air out of jobs balloon is so worth while to know.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,202 Global Posts

Ry, it just makes me sick to hear the media making out over this same old boring platform while there is much better choices out there, and why don't they brag on those devices.

Apple is guess has paid the media to brag on the Iphone. It's a part of pop culture, and they keep clinging to that. Makes me sick.

Ry, i assumed the android platform had passed the Iphone but now after you said, I am glad to hear. It needs to, to take the air out of jobs balloon is so worth while to know.
    Apple has tons more mind share with the regular masses because they're marketing geniuses. They've created a subculture that props up Apple as one of the great companies today. And based on their stock price, people are going to continue to notice.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums
    cass_m likes this.

I know this probably doesn't belong in this thread group but I gotta speak my mind on this.

I find it a little sad that with all the apple fan boys we have out there in the modern media coverage. I have seen more news about the iPhone 5 today then the assassination of the us ambassador to lybia.

Yea towards the evening it kinda shifted but during the day it was actually kind of pathetic to say the least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Thanked by 3:
    petaf, blopez24, NickA and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    I know this probably doesn't belong in this thread group but I gotta speak my mind on this.

I find it a little sad that with all the apple fan boys we have out there in the modern media coverage. I have seen more news about the iPhone 5 today then the assassination of the us ambassador to lybia.

Yea towards the evening it kinda shifted but during the day it was actually kind of pathetic to say the least.

I agree all the stuff that's going on and yet the internets is all a buzz about a iphone that's basically the same as the 4s.

Then again apple thinks its bigger than anything and their fanboy sites are jizzing in their pants for a 4 inch screen.

Sent from my LG-P930

Funny stuff. Android is completely original. Ok.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Thing is, the iPhone gets special treatment not because of its specs or features, but because the iPod/ iPhone brand has been built up in a huge way over the years. People are more "hyped" over the brand, than they are for a new "cutting edge" piece of hardware and OS. Like it or not, Apple's marketing has created a juggernaut. No Android OEMs have built up their brand the same way, and that's why you don't see people hyping up new Android phones very often. Well, that and the fact that Android, being more open, sees more device releases in a year than Apple (who only releases one new phone a year) does.

But, it's not like it's a "defeat" or anything. Apple just has the "popularity contest" in the bag every single time. Android still has a big following and enough market share to be viable for quite a while. Android phones just get overlooked by major media outlets because there's so many of them and none have quite the same level of marketing and "hype" as the iPhone does.

I don't think it's just the iphone that's been hyped. It's the whole smartphone market where people feel the need to get the latest and greatest. Single core to dual core to quad core...5mp to 8mp to 13mp...3.5in to 4in to 4.3in to 4.8in...amoled to super amoled to super amoled plus... and so it goes. It's all mostly just marketing and android users are just as susceptible to it as anyone else.

Even this whole android vs iphone thing is just part of the marketing narrative promoted by profit driven corporations.

At some point in the near future smartphones will become just another appliance... would anyone get upset about someone choosing a sub-zero vs a Samsung fridge?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Real X Dawg View Post
    Exact and to the point. It all comes down to what you want to do with your phone. If your content pulling your new phone out of the box and use it as its set up looking at the same general stock set up for your home pages and just want it to work with no fuss, why not the I phone?!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

Yeah, but the big point of this thread is the news media making out over this stupid phone like it's the phone to have, that it's the superior, the only GD smart phone on earth, and the people that don't know one smart phone from another, for instance, the secretary at my work, in her fifties, i tell her I'm thinking of getting a new phone, at the time I had a droid x and was wanting the razr maxx, she replies back, oh your wanting an Iphone. Apple clings to the teat of this and the isheep folks, and pays the media to hype this pos up, like it's God's phone, and that your cool to own an Iphone.

I'm not knocking on the folks that use ios, im knocking on the concept apple uses to make people think it's damn phone is the phone of all phones and it's so special.
    And like you that stated earlier, it's sad the media talked more on the Iphone 5 than they did about the US ambassador getting killed.

ROM
    ViperOne

Good or bad that's what marketing gets ya. Plus only Apple makes the iPhone.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!

Anyone else seen the video by jimmy kimmel on the iphone 5 just shows you how stupid some iphone users are and how they just give into the marketing and don't know jack squat about the phone.

Sent from my LG-P930

Idk I've been let down by Motorola with my bionic so I might have to got to the apple side' at least they update their phones with the newest os one time.

Quote Originally Posted by TOPshogun View Post
    Idk I've been let down by Motorola with my bionic so I might have to got to the apple side' at least they update their phones with the newest os one time.
    Why not a nexus phone if you want the latest os updates?

Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet

If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
    I still like the iPhone and iOS. I moved to the galaxy S3 though because I wanted a bigger screen. 4in is just not big enough. Well for some people it is, but not for me. I still have my iPad and get my iOS that way. Because of the tight integration of the hardware and the iOS it is super slick. I'm not sure what is meant that it is still out of date. I think only people who don't use it don't understand what it's like. It's a very different experience.
    Great post, I agree.
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyluis View Post
    Funny stuff. Android is completely original. Ok.
    Precisely! The last two iPhones copied everything from Android. I believe that it's time for Google to sue Apple.

Global Posts
    928 Global Posts

I hope you guys realize that only Android users care about specs. Apple doesn't. Apple will never have better specs than high end Android devices because they are more worried about the user experience and making sure everything runs smoothly. It's not all about hardware, guys. You can have a 13 MP camera but that doesn't mean it's better than Apple's 8MP camera.

Anyway, I'm getting an iPhone 5 because it works.

PS. It sucks for you guys who got the One X. The fact that HTC is coming out with another one within months is ridiculous. That's what I dislike about Android devices. That's a waste of upgrade. And I thought HTC said they wouldn't do that again.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 
    Ry and shady28 like this.

Casual users don't care about specs, more dedicated fans of phones care even Apple hardcore fans... they simply like iPhone
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast