Apple blatantly copies Nokia in new iPod design.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
How can anyone at Apple really sleep at night? The hypocrisy of their actions really shows that their legal battles have nothing to do with what is right and everything to do with what they can do to slow down competition.

If you have not seen the new iPod then take a look at the side by side comparison between it and the Nokia Lumia. Nokia's design is so original that you can't say it is anything but a rip off.

http://www.whaatt.com/why-is-a...

Nokia should sue immediately.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Does Nokia have a patent on that design though?

HTC's new WP8 phones are even closer than the iPod Nano.

I don't know and honestly don't care. For me it's about basic integrity. Apple talks out of their ass about originality and being unique then does the very thing they criticized Samsung for doing.

Apple even used the Lumia as an example in court vs Samsung as a design that was original and didn't copy the iPhone.

I remember when every phone created didn't need 50 patents to go with it. It's like the original Motorola RAZR flip phone back in the day. It was the bar that people measured cool buy. Yet there were tons of other phones that tried to emulate that sleek style. I don't remember them suing every other company over it. Apple started this war so they should be judged the hardest IMHO.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Does Nokia have a patent on that design though?

HTC's new WP8 phones are even closer than the iPod Nano.

Why because they have a black screen on a candy bar design?

The reality is that there are only so many ways to do things. But the Lumia really was unique in how the bezel came straight out of the front of the body. This is the real difference. If Apple went with the same style as the Nano's original screen it would be a different story but hey didn't. They took that detail and stole it.

So Apple needs to back off and stop worrying about all of the inspiration they all get from each other or face the wrath of lawsuits and public disappointment which only ruins the advancement of quality affordable tech for all of us.

shady28

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
How can anyone at Apple really sleep at night? The hypocrisy of their actions really shows that their legal battles have nothing to do with what is right and everything to do with what they can do to slow down competition.

If you have not seen the new iPod then take a look at the side by side comparison between it and the Nokia Lumia. Nokia's design is so original that you can't say it is anything but a rip off.

http://www.whaatt.com/why-is-a...

Nokia should sue immediately.

Uhhh, actually I'm pretty sure Apple copied the iPod Mini bar format from about 5 years ago and just gave it a bigger screen. The minis since that format were pretty annoying.

Look at a Lumia in real life next to one of these ( or anything ) and you'll see they are truly unique and creative.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I was watching the live keynote/launch of the iPhone 5 and iPods. The second I saw the iPod Touch I immediately stopped watching and turned off the live feed.

First thing, I mean immediately, I thought was, "GTFO, YOU JUST RIPPED OFF THE LUMIA, APPLE. GO SCREW YOURSELF" and turned off the live feed refusing to buy anything Apple for the foreseeable future.

1. I was incredibly disappointed in the iPhone 5
2. Pissed at the rubbish lawsuits Apple brings against everyone
3. Seeing the Lumia so blatantly ripped off by Apple just weeks after that huge "copying" lawsuit with Samsung? GTFO!

That as it. Last straw for me. I've been buying Apple products for nearly 20 years now. I bought the first iPod in 2001 and have bought near a dozen since. I bought several iPhones. My current smartphone is an iPhone! So I'm a long time Apple buyer and supporter but this was the last straw.

Apple can go take a flying leap. They've become nothing but hypocritical copycat bullies. They fail to innovate, steal other's designs and tech yet want to try to sue the competition to keep them down. No dice. You're not getting my money anymore. Nearly 20 years of paying $$$$ premium for your ripped off crap stops here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
can Nokia afford to sue though?
would Microsoft help them?
doubt it unfortunately :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Shadowriver

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I was watching the live keynote/launch of the iPhone 5 and iPods. The second I saw the iPod Touch I immediately stopped watching and turned off the live feed.

First thing, I mean immediately, I thought was, "GTFO, YOU JUST RIPPED OFF THE LUMIA, APPLE. GO SCREW YOURSELF" and turned off the live feed refusing to buy anything Apple for the foreseeable future.

1. I was incredibly disappointed in the iPhone 5
2. Pissed at the rubbish lawsuits Apple brings against everyone
3. Seeing the Lumia so blatantly ripped off by Apple just weeks after that huge "copying" lawsuit with Samsung? GTFO!

That as it. Last straw for me. I've been buying Apple products for nearly 20 years now. I bought the first iPod in 2001 and have bought near a dozen since. I bought several iPhones. My current smartphone is an iPhone! So I'm a long time Apple buyer and supporter but this was the last straw.

Apple can go take a flying leap. They've become nothing but hypocritical copycat bullies. They fail to innovate, steal other's designs and tech yet want to try to sue the competition to keep them down. No dice. You're not getting my money anymore. Nearly 20 years of paying $$$$ premium for your ripped off crap stops here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Emmm i think you mean iPod Nano:

nokia-lumia-iPod.png

Not new iPod touch:

iPod_Touch_Family_4PB_PF_NowPlaying_PRINT_gallery_post_large_verge_medium_landscape.jpeg

I also see small diffrence, on Lumia black part is a little bit curved on edges, where in iPod it's 100% flat

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
can Nokia afford to sue though?
would Microsoft help them?
doubt it unfortunately :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Oh ya, Nokia has plenty of money for a lawsuit, but I think that Apple and Nokia probably have some sort of deal. Or Nokia could care less. The big thing about taking an idea is that it has to impact the other persons sales and I am not sure that iPod sales will impact the Lumia sales.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Isn't the image stretched? The iPod nano is only like 2.5 or 3 inches compared to the Nokia's 4 or so right? Idk. Didn't feel like looking it up. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21