Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    JBSourcery_V2.3

Default Transformer Pad TF300T Vs. Nexus 7

I can't decide what tablet to go with i am stuck between the Transformer Pad TF300T and the Nexus 7. Can anyone that has either one of these tell me what you think. Thanks

Default Re: Transformer Pad TF300T Vs. Nexus 7

Those are pretty different tablets. I'm not really sure how to compare them. Do you want 10" or 7"? What are you going to be doing with it: media consumption, browsing, gaming, reading, prouctivity? The screen on the Nexus 7 is better (same number of pixels on a smaller screen results in a sharper display). A 7 inch is much more portable, but you might want the extra screen size of a 10". If you want to be able to hold it with 1 hand go with the 7". Is having a really good keyboard dock important to you? You could get a bluetooth keyboard for the Nexus 7, but it won't be a good as the Transformer's keyboard dock. Also how much do you want to spend? The Nexus 7 is a lot cheaper. And with Nexus, you'll be the first to get software updates.

They are both great tablets. It just depends on what you want.

ROM
    Stock, Paranoid, CM10

The developer community is another factor to consider. The TF300 will never see even a fraction of the dev support that the Nexus 7 has going for it.

I have a rooted Nexus 7 32Gb and have been disappointed in the inability to transfer video to a HD TV. In fact, I have been thinking of returning the device since I am still within the trial period. What's the next best thing that will allow me to create a torrent library and watch on the big screen? I travel in a RV and am often times without a signal so basically need a capable device to store movies, TV shows, music , and photos...and get them to the big screen. I also do light gaming and light office work. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

TIA